• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Role of religion in one's life !

psylient

I agree. Most religions teach great values. If people would adhere to those values and morals then the world would be a much better place to live.
I am not really any follower of christianity but I would agree with your statement that once we move toward the spiritual dimention things starts to make sense which seems to us problems currently.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I agree. Most religions teach great values. If people would adhere to those values and morals then the world would be a much better place to live.

I beg to differ, or at least heavily qualify that statement. It happens far too often of religions losing their way most spectacularly.

Discerning the actual quality of the values and how they can be legitimaly applied is quite indispensable.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I am not really any follower of christianity but I would agree with your statement that once we move toward the spiritual dimention things starts to make sense which seems to us problems currently.

What is that spiritual dimension? How can one tell that there is movement towards it?

psylient

What is that spiritual dimension? How can one tell that there is movement towards it?
The explanation and answer of this question varies person to person. I can tell you my perspective about it. If you will ask this question to someone else then they will relate it to deep devotion toward god or spirit. I think spiritual dimension is the quality of mind when it is in the very deep enquiry. It can not be attained by any method, formula, mantra or practice or repitition. Mind which is in this state is very sensitive, decernful, observing and objective. When this movement takes place then clarity and insight comes about the problem, like as if you can see now which was not possible before.

I believe that religions have failed to do God's will as stated in the Bible. If humanity followed the sermon on the mount in Matthew chapters 5-7, there would be no more war, killings, adultery, etc. I believe Bible prophecy will soon come true, when Jesus will set up the Kingdom of God over the earth, and all those who wish to, will be untied under His rule.

psylient

I believe that religions have failed to do God's will as stated in the Bible. If humanity followed the sermon on the mount in Matthew chapters 5-7, there would be no more war, killings, adultery, etc. I believe Bible prophecy will soon come true, when Jesus will set up the Kingdom of God over the earth, and all those who wish to, will be untied under His rule.
Do you really think that jesus will setup the kingdoms of god on so that the peace and happiness on earth can be restored?