• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russia Airs Its Ultimate ‘Revenge Plan’ for America

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I The Republican party is trying to either bend the electoral system to its will or to bring it down.
Or they're deluded about election results.
But it is more fun to think the worst of'm.
Like the Democrats trying to implement Marxism.
Claiming that is great sport for some cons.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't buy the idea that this is nothing new.

There have been over 50 (or is it 70 even?) court cases alleging all manner of improprieties at the last election, brought by Republicans. All of them have been thrown out by the courts. That is unequivocal evidence that the processes were robust AND that they were subject to an unprecedented level of attack. Since then, there has been a rash of these new vote-suppressing laws. And we - still- see numerous Republicans recycling the myth that the election was somehow stolen, the 50 or 70 failed court challenges notwithstanding. The Republican party is trying to either bend the electoral system to its will or to bring it down.

Well, as I said, there were grandfather clauses and literacy tests which were also vote-suppressing. Again, there really isn't anything that new about this, although perhaps we haven't seen it in so long that many have forgotten the history of this country.

A lot of the system depends on faith, and what seems more evident to me is that there are people upset about the loss of faith in democracy and the system, as if they're reacting to religious heretics or something. Tying this in to the OP topic, that faith in the system is our greatest weakness. That's what makes our system vulnerable to the kind of mischief under discussion.

It's the fear and panic which are greater threats than these court cases or attempts at legislative mischief - which I'm not denying. But to think that it's unprecedented or somehow a greater threat to democracy than what we've seen in the past 200+ years, I can't buy that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The best revenge against Putin would be
a cartoon about him. I imagine something
like King Of The Hill. Putin would have
funny catch phrases that people would
say behind his back.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Or they're deluded about election results.
But it is more fun to think the worst of'm.
It depends on which specific individuals you are talking about. In some cases there is evidence that they knew Biden won and still spread the big lie. Evidence in the form of email and first hand testimony.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It depends on which specific individuals you are talking about. In some cases there is evidence that they knew Biden won and still spread the big lie. Evidence in the form of email and first hand testimony.
Treating them all as individuals?
I like the idea.