• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SADHANA A WAY TO GOD Christian Exercises in Eastern Form, Awareness

pearl

Exercise 1: The Riches of Silence "Silence is the great revelation, " said Lao-tse. We are accustomed to think of Scripture as the revelation of God. And so it is. I want you now to discover the revelation that silence brings. To take in the revelation that Scripture offers, you must expose yourself to Scripture. To take in the revelation that silence offers you must first attain silence. And this is not easy. Let us attempt to do this in our very first exercise. I want each of you to take a comfortable posture. Close your eyes. I am now going to invite you to keep silence for a period of ten minutes. First you will try to attain silence, as total a silence as possible of heart and mind. Having attained it, you will expose yourself to whatever revelation it brings.

Exercise 3: Body Sensations. Thought Control This exercise is a deepening of the previous one. The previous exercise may have seemed a very simple one to you-so simple, in fact, as to prove disillusioning. But contemplation is a very simple thing, really. To advance in it what you need is not to complicate your techniques but to persevere in simplicity, a thing that most people find very, very hard. Put up with your boredom. Resist the temptation to seek novelty and, instead, seek depth.

Anthony de Mello - Sadhana - A Way to God.pdf (pepperdine.edu)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Exercise 1: The Riches of Silence "Silence is the great revelation, " said Lao-tse. We are accustomed to think of Scripture as the revelation of God. And so it is. I want you now to discover the revelation that silence brings. To take in the revelation that Scripture offers, you must expose yourself to Scripture. To take in the revelation that silence offers you must first attain silence. And this is not easy. Let us attempt to do this in our very first exercise. I want each of you to take a comfortable posture. Close your eyes. I am now going to invite you to keep silence for a period of ten minutes. First you will try to attain silence, as total a silence as possible of heart and mind. Having attained it, you will expose yourself to whatever revelation it brings.

Exercise 3: Body Sensations. Thought Control This exercise is a deepening of the previous one. The previous exercise may have seemed a very simple one to you-so simple, in fact, as to prove disillusioning. But contemplation is a very simple thing, really. To advance in it what you need is not to complicate your techniques but to persevere in simplicity, a thing that most people find very, very hard. Put up with your boredom. Resist the temptation to seek novelty and, instead, seek depth.

Anthony de Mello - Sadhana - A Way to God.pdf (pepperdine.edu)
This is some substance but it just seems to have a flavor of New Age to me.