• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan and Saturn

Mr Cheese

not really

Saturn is the eater of children(his own)
father time is saturn
He represents Binah, the ocean and the vessel, understanding, in some forms of Kabbalah

aha!
but then...saturn can be seen as a tester...much like Kali is a destroyer of all that is bad within the self
Saturn can be seen as a tester....
but not in many systems

I think their "terrible-ness" is their most common thread...

opps you mean tthe planet saturn, not the God...
never mind

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
Thanks all.Saturn is a very bad planet in some forms of astrology dunno about western astrology though.

not really

Saturn is the eater of children(his own)
father time is saturn
He represents Binah, the ocean and the vessel, understanding, in some forms of Kabbalah

I think their "terrible-ness" is their most common thread...

interesting answer.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
This is the devil card from the Thoth deck:

Devil.jpg

if you look closely you will see that the astrological sign for the devil card is Capricorn, in astrology Capricorn's sign is ruled by the planet Saturn. a little research will yield many interesting results for you.

master_che

Anti-religion,

Regarding your question, the relationship between Satan with Saturn the planet the question is not, but between Satan and Saturn the mythological figure and its Canaanite, and Eastern names, remember that Satan is always been in the business of deceiving people, even through supposely religions of old that are proved to be contrary to that which is True and Pure of Light.

The Judeo-Christian worldview understand that everything that holds on to what is contrary to the knowledge of the True God is comletely from Satan. but just as Christ is the revealer of God, the Holy Spirit is who allows us to come to the understanding and discernment between the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Thanks all.Saturn is a very bad planet in some forms of astrology dunno about western astrology though.

interesting answer.
Friend Anti-religion,

Saturn is not a bad planet. In indian form of astrology, it represent the heavenly body for Shani deva. He is the figure of JUSTICE in indian astrology. He is very kind as well. Having exalted Shani brings you really good fortunes when the Maha-dasha starts in that time period. But yea there are some time period called Shani's saadhe saati and Thaiya, which is basically the time period in which you get the results for your previous life's bad Karma (I think).

Is there any relationship between Satan (the evil one) and the planet Saturn.

Thanks.

I read somewhere that in some dialects of Latin (when it was a living language during the Roman Empire period) that "Saturnas" was pronounced as "Satanas." I can't find the link I saw that at. Even if this was true, there may not be a connection, in regards to mythos.

Topical...

There seems to be a little not so well known linguistic theory that posits the word "satan" may be an etymological derivative of the Greek word "Satyrus" (meaning a Satyr). The theory calls up the the lesser known Greek word "tityrus" with the -an(as/os) suffix rendering "titan." TITyrus--->TITan(as/os)... SATyrus--->SATan(as). - Source

Last edited: