• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School lunch?

Riders

Has it gotten any healthier over the years?when I was in Junior and high-school we had 2 choices.we could havethe meal they were servin or chicken frid steak with French fries and gravy.
I got the chicken fried alot.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Has it gotten any healthier over the years?when I was in Junior and high-school we had 2 choices.we could havethe meal they were servin or chicken frid steak with French fries and gravy.
I think it has. Viewing the local school menu, there's two choices, and both are healthy. There's a vegetarian option most days.

Riders

Considering the fact that we have a problem with obese children in this culture does school lunch affect that?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Considering the fact that we have a problem with obese children in this culture does school lunch affect that?
It's not the school's responsibility. It's for the parents to decide.

That said the school can still have a healthy meal program for the students on school time.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think so.

I think the greatest impact is parents' busy lifestyle resulting in their feeding their children either fast food or highly processed foods.

My daughter loses her **** when her mother feeds her daughter fast food. She (my daughter) either makes crockpot meals or cooks meals in advance to warm up during the week.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Not sure about the UK now, it was chips (fries) with everything or salad, The everything was usually a burger or sausage

France (certainly this area) has school lunch sorted, it's used as a lesson in how to dine. For our local infants school lunch is a chef prepared, 5 course meal served with (watered) wine.