• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientists Discovered a Heightened Toxicity Risk For Children With Autism, ADHD

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's just one study so maybe not entirely proven but I think worth noting. The study was published last year so it's being recycled but maybe it's new to some here.

A study revealed there's a difference in how children with autism or ADHD clear the common plastic additive bisphenol A (BPA), compared to neurotypical children.​
BPA is used in a lot of plastics and plastic production processes, and can also be found inside food and drink cans. However, previous research has also linked it to health issues involving hormone disruption, including breast cancer and infertility.​
Researchers from Rowan University and Rutgers University in the US looked at three groups of children: 66 with autism, 46 with ADHD, and 37 neurotypical kids. In particular, they analyzed the process of glucuronidation, a chemical process the body uses to clear out toxins within the blood through urine.​
They found that kids with ASD and ADHD couldn't clear out BPA and another similar compound called diethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP) with as much efficiency as other kids, potentially leading to longer exposure to their toxic effects.​
...​
"There is an extensive body of epidemiological evidence for a relationship between neurodevelopmental disorders and environmental pollutants such as plasticizers," the researchers wrote.​
Tagging @JustGeorge

VoidCat

Use any and all pronouns including neo and it/it's
It's just one study so maybe not entirely proven but I think worth noting. The study was published last year so it's being recycled but maybe it's new to some here.

A study revealed there's a difference in how children with autism or ADHD clear the common plastic additive bisphenol A (BPA), compared to neurotypical children.​
BPA is used in a lot of plastics and plastic production processes, and can also be found inside food and drink cans. However, previous research has also linked it to health issues involving hormone disruption, including breast cancer and infertility.​
Researchers from Rowan University and Rutgers University in the US looked at three groups of children: 66 with autism, 46 with ADHD, and 37 neurotypical kids. In particular, they analyzed the process of glucuronidation, a chemical process the body uses to clear out toxins within the blood through urine.​
They found that kids with ASD and ADHD couldn't clear out BPA and another similar compound called diethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP) with as much efficiency as other kids, potentially leading to longer exposure to their toxic effects.​
...​
"There is an extensive body of epidemiological evidence for a relationship between neurodevelopmental disorders and environmental pollutants such as plasticizers," the researchers wrote.​
Tagging @JustGeorge
Imma be honest. My knee jerk reaction was to ignore this since I've heard so many idiots try to blame autism on pollutants and use it as an excuse to not vaccinate children. But I pushed those biases aside as I know that that's counter productive to wanting to learn. And im glad I did as this is important to look into the idea that autistic folk may clear stuff out slower or not as well. It may explain some the gastrointestinal problems lot of autistic folk struggle with and why POTS and EDS often comorbid with autism so frequently. Autism doesn't just affect the brain it affects multiple aspects of the body. So it is important to study stuff like this.