• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scott Hahn Lecture

MotoEric

Hi,

Has anyone here attended a lecture by Scott Hahn? He will be speaking next week at a Church near me and I was thinking about attending.

Thanks,

Eric

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Highly recommend you attend.

The man is just awesome!

I've been to at least 3 of his speeches.

Francine

Has anyone here attended a lecture by Scott Hahn? He will be speaking next week at a Church near me and I was thinking about attending.

I get a lot of grief when I bring up Scott Hahn in a certain chatroom. The Catholics there think he is a Protestant double-agent.

athanasius

Hahn is great Scholar and Apologist for the faith. Go! You will learn alot. I highly recommend you read his books: "Hail Holy Queen, the Mother of God in the word of God" and his book "Reasons to Believe, how to understand, explain, and defend the Catholic faith". Two great books! Of coarse the one he wrote on scripture is called "A Father who keeps his promises" this is also a great book to understanding the main parts of Genesis through revelation and the bible as a whole.

Francine

Really? Why do you think that is?

He's a convert with a lot of energy and ideas (as many converts are), and these Catholics I refer to are sticks in the mud who feel he is bringing over some taint from his Presbyterian background. They are probably in error, but I get a lot of grief from them when I bring up Hahn's theory that the imagery of Revelation is really a dramatization of the Mass.

Quiddity

He's a convert with a lot of energy and ideas (as many converts are), and these Catholics I refer to are sticks in the mud who feel he is bringing over some taint from his Presbyterian background. They are probably in error, but I get a lot of grief from them when I bring up Hahn's theory that the imagery of Revelation is really a dramatization of the Mass.
I think converts and reverts tend to bring lots of good into the Church. They push for clarifications and revitalize things the Church has had since the Apostolic era. They just make more noise then the cradle catholics and almost indirectly push them to do the same. Get off your lazy butts Catholics! :D

athanasius

I think converts and reverts tend to bring lots of good into the Church. They push for clarifications and revitalize things the Church has had since the Apostolic era. They just make more noise then the cradle catholics and almost indirectly push them to do the same. Get off your lazy butts Catholics! :D

Amen!

Francine

Sometimes the 99 sheep who stayed in the flock are jealous of the lost sheep when it comes home.

Quiddity

Sometimes the 99 sheep who stayed in the flock are jealous of the lost sheep when it comes home.
The lost sheep can be just as jealous that the 99 have had it all along. I wish I had become Catholic much sooner then later. I need all the time and help I can get. :shout