• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking "Upir' Lichyj" (Foul Vampire) Document. If you have information on it please contact me.

Vallentyne

I am searching for an important document. I have scanned the internet as well as quaint nostalgic bookstores looking for information on where I might find at least parts of or all of this particular document but have come up dry. If anyone knows where I might find it or where to go to find it please contact me at [email protected]
thank you
Lee Vallentyne

The word Upir as a term for vampire is found for the first time in written form in 1047 in a letter to a Novgorodian prince referring to him as 'Upir Lichyj' (Wicked or Foul Vampire in Old Russian).

I have also found documents stateing that it was sent to a Russian Prince instead of Novgorodian (though I suspect Novgorodian is an old world russian City-State of sorts, I have not researched this).

Several spelling variations I've encountered (beleived to be the derivative of the word Lich, an undead witch or sorceror, which may mean that the writer of the letter was infact accusing the prince of what is commonly called lichdom in paranormal research) which probably denotes the various arguments over the word being foul, wicked, disgusting, nasty, or grotesque as well as some possible misspellings as I beleive both Lichy and Likhyi to be, but I cannot prove this to be true yet.
Upir' Lichyj
Upir' Lichyi
Upir' Likhyi
Upir' Lihki
Upir' Lihky
Upir' Lichy