• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Serve It Up Hot and Steamy!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

I'm not sure - I'm having difficulty with the whole character development thingy. I think I've overdone the main character's personalities, to the point now where they're both just so unrealistic and needy. :shrug:

The sequel is more kinky though. :yes:

I thought Alice's response might be a bit overstated, but apart from that, I think your first installment transcended all expectations one might harbor for an English romance.

Aquitaine

I thought Alice's response might be a bit overstated, but apart from that, I think your first installment transcended all expectations one might harbor for an English romance.

And with our romance novels being just as internationally renowned as our cuisine, I realize just how fantastic that means my creation truly is.

:biglaugh:

Aquitaine

"I desperately need you tonight," he said, as he slowly wrapped his hands around her warm, round body. He grabbed her tighter and tighter.

"Were it not for your grace," he continued, "I would fall unconscious right this moment." His eyes scanned her corner for corner, and his nose gradually made its way closer to her.

"You have a smell of ambrosia and a clarity of the morning sky. You keep me going when all else is gone."

"It's going to be an anticlimactic night," he calmly said, as he put his hands once more on the warm cup of coffee and lifted her to his mouth for another gulp.

It's just a shame she wasn't a hot chocolate, then there could have been some kinky squirty-cream shenanigans going on.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

And with our romance novels being just as internationally renowned as our cuisine, I realize just how fantastic that means my creation truly is.

I seriously thought once of wasting a grade in one of my classes at university by writing a paper on how the British expansion was fueled by desperation to find better food. I thought, "What the hell. I can afford to flunk one class, and I shall be famous for a whole semester."

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Midnight", Karen said as she twirled the last sip of Cabernet around in a glass. "Already midnight."

"Hmm?", John smiled.

"I mean it's been two hours already", Karen took the final sip, then hovered the glass above the bar, avoiding the finality of putting it down. She knew that putting this one down meant calling it a night.

"I never know where the time goes", John said, immediately regretting the boorishness of what just came out of his mouth. "It's a beautiful city, though."

They had come here together on a business trip, and were leaving tomorrow. Sitting at the cozy bar of the Hyatt, Karen had hoped something more would have come of this. She looked over at John, his suit jacket on his chair, his tie loose, his stylishly unkempt brown hair, his blue eyes, and hid her smile. She couldn't help but feel warm inside when looking at him.

Gently, she rested the glass down on the bar. "Guess it's time to call it."

After a few seconds, John stood up and grabbed his jacket. "Well, airport at nine. Want me to walk you up to your room?"

"I think I'll be fine, Superman", Karen said with a teasing smile, standing up from her chair as well. "I'll call your room at six thirty. You can't be late again."

"Almost late- there's a difference!", John said. "I'm going to go out and check a message, then head up too. See you tomorrow."

"Don't give me that! You're always late.", she teased. Karen walked over to the elevator, and after disappearing inside of it, John walked out into the cool night air.

Standing alone he pulled out his phone, but he didn't really have to check anything. Just a habit when he doesn't know what to do, he lit up the screen and aimlessly checked his empty voicemail. "Really John? See you tomorrow? Seriously?", he thought to himself.

This was one of those things where both people know what's going on, but nobody is sure enough to say it. They both looked forward to this trip together, after having known each other for a year at work. Karen had fantasized about John making a move, while John tried to play it smooth, hoping he could make something happen, but never finding the right moment.

After three days of being on the trip, interlaced with careful dialogue, the tension never broke.

John sighed, walking back into the hotel towards the elevator. He got a consolatory smirk from the bartender. He knew too. Jesus, everyone knew.

The elevator took an eternity to open, and John stepped in, riding it for nine floors, though it felt like ninety. He pulled out his phone again, laughing to himself since he knew the elevator had no reception but he pulled it out anyway, not liking to stand there doing nothing. Finally, the doors opened.

"Karen!?", John looked up, surprised. This wasn't even her floor- Karen's room is on the tenth.

She was standing there, across the hall from the elevator, her left hand on her hip, her right hand dangling by her side, holding her shoes, looking at him with a wide grin. "You kept me waiting!"

"You lost?", joked John as he walked out of the elevator, sliding his phone away discretely, playing down the fact that he had his phone out in an elevator with no reception.

Karen dropped her shoes, walked over, still with a big grin on her face, and got right up close, exploring his eyes with her own. "Three nights, and I don't know how many drinks, and you still won't take a hint."

She reached out, loosened his tie a bit more than it already was, paused to test the moment, and then looked up and kissed him lightly, lingering her lips near his after she was done.

John looked at her and smiled, waiting for her to glance back up at him. He brushed her dark hair back as she looked up and smiled, then wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.

"Maybe we can think of an excuse to miss the flight. Afterall, I'm always late."

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"Midnight", Karen said as she twirled the last sip of Cabernet around in a glass. "Already midnight."

"Hmm?", John smiled.

"I mean it's been two hours already", Karen took the final sip, then hovered the glass above the bar, avoiding the finality of putting it down. She knew that putting this one down meant calling it a night.

"I never know where the time goes", John said, immediately regretting the boorishness of what just came out of his mouth. "It's a beautiful city, though."

They had come here together on a business trip, and were leaving tomorrow. Sitting at the cozy bar of the Hyatt, Karen had hoped something more would have come of this. She looked over at John, his suit jacket on his chair, his tie loose, his stylishly unkempt brown hair, his blue eyes, and hid her smile. She couldn't help but feel warm inside when looking at him.

After a few seconds, John stood up and grabbed his jacket. "Well, airport at nine. Want me to walk you up to your room?"

"I think I'll be fine, Superman", Karen said with a teasing smile, standing up from her chair as well. "I'll call your room at six thirty. You can't be late again."

"Almost late- there's a difference!", John said. "I'm going to go out and check a message, then head up too. See you tomorrow."

"Don't give me that! You're always late.", she teased. Karen walked over to the elevator, and after disappearing inside of it, John walked out into the cool night air.

Standing alone he pulled out his phone, but he didn't really have to check anything. Just a habit when he doesn't know what to do, he opened his email tab and aimlessly checked his email. "Really John? See you tomorrow? Seriously?"

This was one of those things where both people know what's going on, but nobody is sure enough to say it. They both looked forward to this trip together, after having known each other for a year at work. Karen had fantasized about John making a move, while John tried to play it smooth, hoping he could make something happen, but never finding the right moment.

After three days of being on the trip, interlaced with careful dialogue, the tension never broke.

John sighed, walking back into the hotel towards the elevator. He got a consolatory smirk from the bartender. He knew too. Jesus, everyone knew.

The elevator took an eternity to open, and John stepped in, riding it for nine floors, though it felt like ninety. He pulled out his phone again, laughing to himself since he knew the elevator had no reception but he pulled it out anyway, not liking to stand there doing nothing. Finally, the doors opened.

"Karen!?", John looked up, surprised. This wasn't even her floor- Karen's room is on the tenth.

She was standing there, across the hall from the elevator, her left hand on her hip, her right hand dangling by her side, holding her shoes, looking at him with a wide grin. "You kept me waiting!"

"You lost?", joked John as he walked out of the elevator, sliding his phone away discretely, playing down the fact that he had his phone out in an elevator with no reception.

Karen dropped her shoes, walked over, still with a big grin on her face, and got right up close, exploring his eyes with her own. "Three nights, and I don't know how many drinks, and you still won't take a hint."

She reached out, loosened his tie a bit more than it already was, paused to test the moment, and then looked up and kissed him lightly, lingering her lips near his after she was done.

John looked at her and smiled, waiting for her to glance back up at him. He brushed her dark hair back as she looked up and smiled, then wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.

"Maybe we can think of an excuse to miss the flight. Afterall, I'm always late."

That one had me involved! Thanks!

Aquitaine

I seriously thought once of wasting a grade in one of my classes at university by writing a paper on how the British expansion was fueled by desperation to find better food. I thought, "What the hell. I can afford to flunk one class, and I shall be famous for a whole semester."

We needed better food and Indian Teabags.

Aquitaine

"Hmm?", John smiled.

Standing alone he pulled out his phone, but he didn't really have to check anything. Just a habit when he doesn't know what to do, he opened his email tab and aimlessly checked his email. "Really John? See you tomorrow? Seriously?"

TL;DR.

Hehe, only joking! I liked it, I just assumed you'd be good at writing, and I'm glad to say you didn't disappoint.

On a side note though, John should be with Alice, not Karen. :tsk:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Sunstone,

Who's Alice? I couldn't find her character in any of the posts. I found Karen in Penumbra's shorty story, but not anywhere else. Help me out, yo!

Aquitaine

मैत्रावरुणिः;3470732 said:
Sunstone,

Who's Alice? I couldn't find her character in any of the posts. I found Karen in Penumbra's shorty story, but not anywhere else. Help me out, yo!

It was one sentence, how could you miss it! :bow:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |

It was one sentence, how could you miss it! :bow:

Enlighten me. Because, without finding out who Alice is, I won't be able to make sense of Penumbra's story. Her story seemed good, but then you brought up Alice, and I got confused and all. So, help me out! :)

Aquitaine

मैत्रावरुणिः;3470767 said:
Enlighten me. Because, without finding out who Alice is, I won't be able to make sense of Penumbra's story. Her story seemed good, but then you brought up Alice, and I got confused and all. So, help me out! :)

LOL - post #37. ;)

How you could miss that....... :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3470803 said:
Is Penumbra's story an add-on to Sunstone's? This is getting more confusing!

I don't know how you ever manage to come up with such ideas, M.V.:help:

Last edited:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's a joke. My story is alone, not any add-on.

Aquitane wrote about two characters named John and Alice.

I wrote about two characters named Karen and John.

Aquitane joked that John should get with Alice, not Karen.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I don't know how you ever manage to come up with such ideas, M.V.:help:

It's a joke. My story is alone, not any add-on.

Aquitane wrote about two characters named John and Alice.

I wrote about two characters named Karen and John.

Aquitane joked that John should get with Alice, not Karen.

Phew! That was a load off of my shoulders! Thanks for the clear-up, guys - much appreciated!

Aquitaine, stop confusing people! :fight:

Aquitaine

मैत्रावरुणिः;3470932 said:
Aquitaine, stop confusing people! :fight:

137789328_Kobe_U_Mad_xlarge.jpeg