• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sex change

captainbryce

If you woke up tomorrow and discovered your sex had changed and you were now a woman or vice versa.

Would you became homosexual as your attraction to the opposite sex which is now suddenly the same sex would remain.

Or would you change and have sex with what is now the opposite sex, and this of coarse would make the action of sex homosexual by the fact that inside you are still the same sex you were internally before the change.
Males are generally aroused by rubbing and caressing a soft, curvy body. Females are generally aroused by being rubbed and caressed by a strong, muscular body. I imagine that anyone who had a penis would also have a natural instinct to want to insert it into something warm and wet. Likewise, anyone who had a vagina would probably have a natural instinct to want it filled by something long and hard. Men want to be inside someone, and women want someone inside them. I think everyone has a natural curiosity of what sex feels like for the opposite sex. And while they may not currently be attracted to the same sex, if given the opportunity to experience sex as the opposite sex, I'd guess that most people would try it.

As one who strongly believes that sexuality is tied into hormones and genetics, I'd say that if one were to spontaneously change sexes (ie: a man not only now has a vagina instead of a penis, but also more estrogen instead of testosterone, and another x chromosome instead of the y chromosome), I'd imagine that his sexual interests/curiosity would likewise shift towards males instead of females. Maybe not exclusively or overnight, but perhaps gradually and intermittently.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know about sex but I'd head to the gym and see how much weight I could bench press.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If you woke up tomorrow and discovered your sex had changed and you were now a woman or vice versa.

Would you became homosexual as your attraction to the opposite sex which is now suddenly the same sex would remain.

I assume that a different hormonal charge might change my attractions to some degree. It is conceivable that between that and my somewhat different (and probably changing) self-image I might well become bissexual instead.

TLDR: Who knows?

Or would you change and have sex with what is now the opposite sex, and this of coarse would make the action of sex homosexual by the fact that inside you are still the same sex you were internally before the change.

I likely possibility.

Or would you abstain from sex.

Until I found someone with whom I had a pleasurable enough connection? Sure. But in that respect that is not a change.

sexual desire is strong, I feel that a man who became a woman would continue sleeping with woman as that's what attracts him.

But we don't sleep with "woman" as an archetype, but rather with actual people. And between the role of how at ease the person would feel with the new situation and the changed hormonal situation, who knows whether the attraction would remain? Attraction is to a large degree a back-and-forth thing, after all.

So can religion judge what is inherant in someone, to fight their attraction would be to fight their instinct and how they are created and would be impossible.

It is possible to fight instincts. But to do so in order to favor heterosexual attraction over homosexual ones is hardly justifiable from a moral or religious standpoint; too much repression and angst, barely a trace of a true reason.