• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex Promotes?

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Do you agree that sex is a huge seller in products, media or other? Do you think commercials that say, advertise a product and have some bouncing Analise Braakenisk
tend to get people interested? Do you think a program on the telly that zooms in on er..females is a grab for ratings?

I remember a show here that was really **** called Echo Point..it was so bad that the ratings dropped by 65% in a week. However the show made a commercial with model Kate Fischer and on the ad they zoomed in on her butt saying "KATE FISCHER IS NOW ON ECHO POINT"..desperate or what?

Do you agree that sex sells?

The Black Whirlwind

definetely. the only reason i started watching the L word was because i wanted to see some lesbian action. the only reason i think about watching "desperate housewives" is because of eva longoria. sex definetely sells.

Fluffy

A fool
Sex sells for sure. In my personal opinion this is because it is a "forbidden" pleasure and attracts as many people who are interested in exploring a normally stunted outlet as well as those simply looking for the visual pleasure that it provides.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Sex definately sells. There's something amusing about guys that suddenly have Somewhere Else to Be when Will and Grace comes on, but it's all around the TV when The L Word's on! Ah, double-standards...

Temporarily Deactive.
Jensa said:
Sex definately sells. There's something amusing about guys that suddenly have Somewhere Else to Be when Will and Grace comes on, but it's all around the TV when The L Word's on! Ah, double-standards...
And it's always females that have to skip things to see those manpower shows at prime time, but also complain their husbands are up late watching some MissAustralia contest..heh, pleasing women at prime time, while men have to stay up all night..

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
It's rather the opposite way in the States. "Hot" women actors are given much screen-time, while some shows don't even bother giving their characters personality. Most of the time, I don't mind, since I enjoy beauty in all forms. Still, I'll agree that there's a double-standard when it comes to gay men versus lesbian women. (That might be best suited to another thread, though, so I won't go into that.)

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Sex sells; as it should. But quality programming also sells! As it should. I'm sorry, I don't care how much lesbian sex is in a tv show, or how hot the "Friends" are... if the story sucks, I ain't watching... for more than a few minutes.

Temporarily Deactive.
Because both television programmers and femminists both see EVERY male a sex crazed buffalo. Whilst I admit I probably am, I can't say the same for all males :rolleyes:

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
Of course sex sells! As well as those crappy little toys they have in the tiniest, most expensive, boxes of cereal. You know, the cereal your kid doesn't even like, but just has to have the toy inside. The box of cereal Mom just has to buy because she just doesn't know how to say "NO"! :p

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Hey. Question. Why shouldn't sex sell? Sex is maybe the forth or sixth greatest thing in life? Let's see... what is better than sex? Books. Hot baths. Family. Friends. Sleeping naked. Spiritual experience.... I don't know... What is better than sex? What is better than feeling sexy? What is better than looking at someone who is looking sexy?

Faint

Conversely, if sex doesn't sell, does the lack of it sell? Or rather, can any of you think of some highly successful movies or TV shows that didn't revolve around a few good looking people?

Off the top of my head, I can think of "America's Funniest Home Videos" (Bob Saget era), and "Napoleon Dynamite".

Ormiston

Are not people at or near their happiest when they feel sexy? Women dress sexy (I think) because they like feeling sexy....not that they like people looking at them. Even religion pales when compared to the feeling you get when you are "on top of the world". If you never feel sexy, then you are missing one of the joys of Earthly life. Thank you God for creating sex!

jonny

FeathersinHair said:
It's rather the opposite way in the States. "Hot" women actors are given much screen-time, while some shows don't even bother giving their characters personality. Most of the time, I don't mind, since I enjoy beauty in all forms. Still, I'll agree that there's a double-standard when it comes to gay men versus lesbian women. (That might be best suited to another thread, though, so I won't go into that.)
The last thing a hot girl needs is a personality. It gets in the way of her character development.

Kowalski

Malus01 said:
Do you agree that sex is a huge seller in products, media or other? Do you think commercials that say, advertise a product and have some bouncing Analise Braakenisk
tend to get people interested? Do you think a program on the telly that zooms in on er..females is a grab for ratings?

I remember a show here that was really **** called Echo Point..it was so bad that the ratings dropped by 65% in a week. However the show made a commercial with model Kate Fischer and on the ad they zoomed in on her butt saying "KATE FISCHER IS NOW ON ECHO POINT"..desperate or what?

Do you agree that sex sells?
Yes, of course, and it should be banned forthwith. " she held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adultries" Rev 17:4.

Cheers

K

jonny

Kowalski said:
Yes, of course, and it should be banned forthwith. " she held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adultries" Rev 17:4.

Cheers

K
That doesn't sound like a quote from Einstein. :)

Kowalski

jonny said:
That doesn't sound like a quote from Einstein. :)
It's not :) but I'm against Sex in my face everywhere I look, it's just wrong, it demeans men and women and encourages promiscuity. Whatever anybody thinks, I am certainly a one woman man and do not believe in cheating ect.

Cheers

K