• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Sexed-Up Atheism"

Jeneshisu

Smile ^^
What's the difference?

ETA: From what little you've said, I don't think you fall into the subcategory I was addressing.

The difference is the way the individual perceives the universe.

Pantheism isn't just God = Universe. That is obviously an oversimplification.

I am a spiritual pantheist. If you mean natural pantheism, it's another term meaning that they are very mindful of the environment and the universe and they see everything as one giant co dependent ecosystem. Again, it's the interconnectedness that sets it apart from Atheism. As an atheist, I suppose you're perfectly free to feel the same way, but at the same time, you don't have to. Logically, it might seem unnecessary to differentiate natural pantheism and atheism, but its just a subtle difference in interest and perception.

Wow, old question. That way they don't become nihilist or buddhist.
It was my solution to nihilism :p But I like buddhism. ^^

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
The difference is the way the individual perceives the universe.

Pantheism isn't just God = Universe. That is obviously an oversimplification.

I am a spiritual pantheist. If you mean natural pantheism, it's another term meaning that they are very mindful of the environment and the universe and they see everything as one giant co dependent ecosystem. Again, it's the interconnectedness that sets it apart from Atheism. As an atheist, I suppose you're perfectly free to feel the same way, but at the same time, you don't have to. Logically, it might seem unnecessary to differentiate natural pantheism and atheism, but its just a subtle difference in interest and perception.
OK, you're definitely not of the subset I was addressing. I always shared your understanding, and had several self-proclaimed pantheists here tell me I was wrong.

Jeneshisu

Smile ^^
OK, you're definitely not of the subset I was addressing. I always shared your understanding, and had several self-proclaimed pantheists here tell me I was wrong.

That's really weird. I'm involved in several pantheist communities where we all have a similar mindset. o_O

Although Pantheism is another one of those things where it varies from person to person, but usually we have the same common ground... which is the connection between all things.

/shrugs ^^

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
That's really weird. I'm involved in several pantheist communities where we all have a similar mindset. o_O

Although Pantheism is another one of those things where it varies from person to person, but usually we have the same common ground... which is the connection between all things.

/shrugs ^^
Yeah, I wasn't exactly impressed by their understanding of pantheism....

Jeneshisu

Smile ^^
I like to believe in universal consciousness and all that fun stuff too, but I can't really speak for natural pantheism all that much because I'm not a natural pantheist and I've never been one either. o_O