• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual Fluidity

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For like 99% of the time or so, i'm attracted to people who happen to be women. For the remaining 1%, i can be attracted to anybody else too, given certain things. It revolves mostly around characteristics i'm attracted to. When these are found in someone who is not a woman, i can be attracted to them. When a woman doesn't have them, i'm not attracted to her.

To identify as bisexual or pan-sexual based on that i think would be really misleading. Since the truth of the matter is i'm almost always only attracted to women. So this sexually fluid label seems more relevant to me here. It describes both my previous experience and future possible ones, and recognizes that despite the label of heterosexual being helpful, that naturally, it's not sufficient to properly describe or categorize my attributes in this regard.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
For like 99% of the time or so, i'm attracted to people who happen to be women. For the remaining 1%, i can be attracted to anybody else too, given certain things. It revolves mostly around characteristics i'm attracted to. When these are found in someone who is not a woman, i can be attracted to them. When a woman doesn't have them, i'm not attracted to her.

To identify as bisexual or pan-sexual based on that i think would be really misleading. Since the truth of the matter is i'm almost always only attracted to women. So this sexually fluid label seems more relevant to me here. It describes both my previous experience and future possible ones, and recognizes that despite the label of heterosexual being helpful, that naturally, it's not sufficient to properly describe or categorize my attributes in this regard.

As a sexually fluid individual, you would not only accept your 1% attraction to men, but, you would also feel free to act upon such attraction, without the resctrictions of labels.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As a sexually fluid individual, you would not only accept your 1% attraction to men, but, you would also feel free to act upon such attraction, without the resctrictions of labels.

Pretty much.

I have and i would.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I just think it's more acceptable for females to be "sexually fluid" and to express romantic and sexual attraction for other females than it is for males to do so with other males. There is still a ton of bigotry/prejudice against male homosexuality in culture that it will be much more difficult to change that. Female homosexuality has its stigmas but it's not as bad.

As for me I'm pansexual, meaning that I can be attracted to a person regardless of their gender identity or biological sex (I like men, women, transgender/transsexual people, etc). I prefer to call myself a queer, though, because it is a more subversive term. I don't like "straight", "gay", "lesbian" and "bisexual" as labels because I feel that they are too limiting. Of course any label is limiting in a way, but if I have to label myself, I prefer one that affords me the most amount of freedom.

As someone who considers themself bi, I personally dislike the term "queer." I think most people think of "exclusively homosexual" when the word queer is used. Also I don't think attraction to the same gender is as "queer" as people make it out to be, and is more common than people are willing to admit.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
As someone who considers themself bi, I personally dislike the term "queer." I think most people think of "exclusively homosexual" when the word queer is used. Also I don't think attraction to the same gender is as "queer" as people make it out to be, and is more common than people are willing to admit.

If you don't like it, then don't use it. I use it in the way denoted in this article:

Queer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't like the term "bisexual" because it inherently implies a binary, which I reject.

I also call myself a "f****t" sometimes. *shrugs*

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
If you don't like it, then don't use it. I use it in the way denoted in this article:

Queer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't like the term "bisexual" because it inherently implies a binary, which I reject.

I also call myself a "f****t" sometimes. *shrugs*

I have no problem with other people who identify as "queer" though. :p I've just always considered myself "bi" because I personally have only ever been attracted to those who identify as cis-female or cis-male, but as they say, "different strokes for different folks." Also...sorry if my last post came across as too blunt. :cool:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I have no problem with other people who identify as "queer" though. :p I've just always considered myself "bi" because I personally have only ever been attracted to those who identify as cis-female or cis-male, but as they say, "different strokes for different folks." Sorry if my last post came across as too blunt. :cool:

No, it's quite all right. Lol. I guess you're the "truest" definition of a bisexual, then. I can't fit into that paradigm, being that I'm a transsexual male who has a strong attraction to trans women, (male bodied) androgynes, cis males (well, their bodies, anyway) and cis women. Hell, I like trans men, too. I like everybody! Well, at least I'm willing to have a romp with someone regardless of their gender identity or physical sex. When it comes to romantic attraction, I'm pretty much into femme people no matter their genital setup. I haven't felt strong romantic attraction to an obviously masculine male or female. I'm a femmesexual. I'd get it on with a masculine guy, though.

Last edited:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Right; i.e. bisexual with a strong leaning toward one gender over the other.

I think that implies though that both genders have at least some form of considerable chance. When in truth that would not necessarily be the case.

I think what you said is technically correct, but that it's not helpful in describing one's self when the difference between the attraction levels is this vast.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
If a vegan tries meat once during the course of a ten year period, would the term vegan be a completely inappropriate description for her?

Aren't we missing the point? To apply this to the logic of sexual fluidity...

The vegan isn't really a vegan because the label is irrelevent. (Free eater, come on, now.) The vegan is a fluid eater, who eats what they want, dabbling here and there, without worry as to label.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
No, it's quite all right. Lol. I guess you're the "truest" definition of a bisexual, then. I can't fit into that paradigm, being that I'm a transsexual male who has a strong attraction to trans women, (male bodied) androgynes, cis males (well, their bodies, anyway) and cis women. Hell, I like trans men, too. I like everybody! Well, at least I'm willing to have a romp with someone regardless of their gender identity or physical sex. When it comes to romantic attraction, I'm pretty much into femme people no matter their genital setup. I haven't felt strong romantic attraction to an obviously masculine male or female. I'm a femmesexual. I'd get it on with a masculine guy, though.

Ok cool. :cool: Pre-op or post-op?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Ok cool. :cool: Pre-op or post-op?

I haven't done anything medically yet. I'm working on starting hormone therapy. I've found (actually my doctor found) a doctor experienced in that matter who is willing to work with my primary care physician on that. I have my first appointment with her next month. It's been a long road.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Yeah. That's just nonsensical, contradictory rubbish not worth taking seriously.
ill_fitting_suits_corbis.jpg

Suit yourself

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The vegan isn't really a vegan because the label is irrelevent. (Free eater, come on, now.) The vegan is a fluid eater, who eats what they want, dabbling here and there, without worry as to label.

There is a difference between not being restricted by a label and between finding irrelevant.

The heterosexual label is relevant because it describes what is almost entirely the case, but it is not sufficient.

Neither is bisexual, since it is incredibly misleading in this case. Added labels or clarifications are required in both cases, thus it makes more sense to go with what describes the vast majority of your attraction reality.

IOW, fluid heterosexual rather than bisexual leaning towards one gender or the other.