• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Shlomo Karhi" or "Why I subscribe to Haaretz."

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
See Haaretz:

The article begins:

Israel's Communications Minister Shlomo Karhi submitted a proposal to take action against Haaretz by ending the publication of government notices in Haaretz. Karhi, a member of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud party, said the newspaper was "sabotaging Israel in wartime" and was an "inflammatory mouthpiece for Israel’s enemies."​

In response ...

Haaretz publisher Amos Schocken responded to Karhi’s proposal by saying, “If the government wants to close Haaretz, that’s the time to read Haaretz.”​

And ...

The Israeli journalists’ union said in a statement that “the communications minister has lost his way. Karhi, who spent most of his brief tenure in failed attempts to close the public broadcasting corporation, has decided to tame a new target. His new proposal to end all government business with Haaretz is a populistic proposal devoid of any feasibility or logic, and its entire purpose is to garner likes among his political base at the expense of dedicated journalists who are working night and day right now to cover the war."​
“We support Haaretz’s journalists, and we’re certain they will continue to do important work for the benefit of Israel and won’t be deterred by Minister Karhi’s stupid, empty threats,” it added.​

The guy's an embarrassment. :rolleyes:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
The guy's an embarrassment. :rolleyes:
You haven't actually said anything here. Nothing you quoted explains what you have against Karchi, why you find him embarrassing, nor have you clarified your title "Why I subscribe to Haaretz".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You haven't actually said anything here. Nothing you quoted explains what you have against Karchi, why you find him embarrassing, nor have you clarified your title "Why I subscribe to Haaretz".
I found it quite clear.