• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I or should I not eat it?

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
Last night I went to the pub to meet some friends

On the way back home I got a kebab but didn't eat it, I collapsed on my sofa and went to sleep

I got the kebab at about 11:30pm yesterday and it is now almost quarter-past ten pm, the following day

It has not been in the fridge

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

On the way back home I got a kebab but didn't eat it, I collapsed on my sofa and went to sleep

I got the kebab at about 11:30pm yesterday and it is now almost quarter-past ten pm, the following day

Food Safety 101: if you are asking the question, the answer is "no."

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

The general rule is 2 hours: if cooked meat is out at room temperature, it's unsafe to eat after 2 hours.

Please don't eat the kebab.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
My opinion is that you shouldn't eat the kebab, given that it was out for more than the medically advised limit of two hours, as others have already mentioned. Spoiled meat can be especially nasty when it comes to the bacteria it holds.

I learned only about a year ago that you shouldn't eat cooked meat if it has been left unrefrigerated for over two hours. Before that, my rule of thumb was, "If it doesn't smell rotten or spoiled, it's good to eat," which I now know was wrong. I have never gotten food poisoning except once, and that was from fast food. I also live in a country with a hot climate. (I don't know a single foreigner who has lived here and not gotten food poisoning, though, so maybe my stomach is just more resistant to it.) Now I strictly adhere to the two-hour limit after becoming aware of it, though. I don't think the health hazards are worth risking.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm a bit late for the urgency of this thread @Eddi , im glad you didn't eat it. Enjoy your chicken.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I would have eaten it as long as it was cooked. Gives your immune system a proper workout and wouldn't be worse for wear.

Did it many times except it was pizza and chicken wings.