• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Israel Give Up It's West Bank Settlements?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
They should give all back they have taken, they were given LithuZian (Lithuania) (green valley) by Alexander the great (i think or some Russian Zar)..........
The land of Salem, was once all belonging to Melchazedek (Taught Abraham about God), yet Jacob's sons murdered them all (after them all just being circumcised), due to their sister being in love (Gen 34:19) with a prince.......

A

angellous_evangellous

Should Israel dismantle the West Bank settlements? Why or why not?

It seems to me that giving up that territory would significantly weaken Israeli defenses and they should remain there indefinately, or until the hostilities against Israel subside, which may be a while.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It seems to me that giving up that territory would significantly weaken Israeli defenses and they should remain there indefinately, or until the hostilities against Israel subside, which may be a while.

Do you think the settlements might be one cause of hostilities?

A

angellous_evangellous

Do you think the settlements might be one cause of hostilities?

Certainly. But giving up a strategic position which will doubtlessly be used against you before the hostilities subside is suicide. It sounds circular, I know, but the West Bank is not the only thing that contributes to hostilities. Other things need to be given up, and not by Israel. If the West Bank is ever to be surrendered, it needs to come after extended peace.