• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should the niqab be banned?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
... it is sad that women feel they have to dress a certain way for their humanity to be recognised or so they will feel respected.
The few women I know who wear the niqab do so voluntarily and for religious reasons - not "or their humanity to be recognised or so they will feel respected". They strike me as being no different than the observant Jew who chooses to wear kippot and tallit.

Wherenextcolumbus

The few women I know who wear the niqab do so voluntarily and for religious reasons - not "or their humanity to be recognised or so they will feel respected". They strike me as being no different than the observant Jew who chooses to wear kippot and tallit.

Yes I imagine so, I remember having a conversation with a Muslim woman on here about Hijab being worn as apart of a Muslim identity and not just for modesty.
I brought up this example as other posters said the Niqab is dehumanising and more worthy of being banned than high heels, so I hope you understand why I said it.

Aquitaine

Forums like this one are similar to that scenario.
I generally don't know what other posters look like.
Attractiveness is based upon personality.
This is interesting.

Indeed. There are a number of "personalities" on this site whom I have a lot of respect for/admire, yet I have never even seen these people nor know what they actually look like, let alone whether they squeeze the toothpaste tube from the sealed end (acceptable) or from the middle of the tube (instant deal-breaker).

For the record though, Mr. Groundskeeper, you are not one of these people.

Just kidding! :p