• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shy Girls

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Are most guys put off or less attracted to shy and quiet girls? Are there guys who prefer the quiet ones? Do energetic women seem younger and thus more attractive?

Mr Cheese

depends on the guy and depends on the girl

depends on if its just a booty call or if its more...

I prefer strong women mostly....but shy can be sexy

I think empty headed is however the biggest turn off...
unless its just a booty call, then to be honest....empty headed is probably sexiest

tarasan

Are most guys put off or less attracted to shy and quiet girls? Are there guys who prefer the quiet ones? Do energetic women seem younger and thus more attractive?

no i like the nice quiet girls, they seem to have less to prove about themselves, they just are who they are.:D

at least that is just my opinon, to me the nice quiet ones stand out rather than the loud energetic ones, we have enough of those.:rainbow1:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
There's a distinction between being introverted, and being insecure. Insecurity is a turn-off for most people, male and female. However, being introverted, yet secure, appeals to people who prefer people who are more introspective than outwardly social.

MSizer

MSizer
I tend to prefer women who are outspoken, but I don't mean obnoxious. I don't think I like them because they seem younger thus more attractive, it's that if I'm going to consider having a relationship with someone, I want to know they're not too timid to bring up what's on their mind.

MSizer

MSizer
Then again, I just happened to come across this photo in my suggested facebook friends, and while I would have thought she were cute anyway, the fact that she is giving the finger instantly makes her sexxxy to me. I don't know why, it just does.

22340a0e59fce6c6c7f874e7f95175dc_2029.jpg

dust1n

Zindīq
There's a distinction between being introverted, and being insecure. Insecurity is a turn-off for most people, male and female. However, being introverted, yet secure, appeals to people who prefer people who are more introspective than outwardly social.

Bingo.

I agree there.. Shy girls are okay, but there is a big difference between 'shy' and 'insecure'.

Onkara

It makes no difference as long as you know what one another wants. It is communication that makes or breaks a relationship imho. One tends to intuitively think that an outgoing person would not hesitate to tell the other person if they wanted more from them. However even extroverts can avoid showing their wants, needs and emotions. :)

MissAlice

I'm a living example so I'd have to say yes depending on how unattractive you are.

I also think people tend to mix submissiveness (supposedly a desirable trait) to shyness.

Wannabe Yogi

Bingo.

I agree there.. Shy girls are okay, but there is a big difference between 'shy' and 'insecure'.

I never will understand it. Insecure is a turn off and for many narcissistic and self conceit is seen by many youth as a turn on. Just go to any American High School and see who is popular. This holds true in american movies also.

As I grow up this became less and less true with the people around me. It doesn't go away completely.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
As has been said, it does depend on the guy.

And yes, there are guys who like the shy, quiet ones, for many different reasons. Some of which, could be completely false in the first place.

One reason I've heard: they're submissive, and some guys like that.
Another reason that I've heard (which I have more often discovered is true), is that while they are shy in public, they're crazy in bed. "Lady in the street, freak in the sheets."

Personally, I prefer a strong, open, out-going woman. Confidence is sexy to me. It's sexy to a lot of people.

If someone is happy with themselves, happy with who they are, then it will show just in their body language. They don't even have to say it. And when people see that, it makes them wonder (often subconsciously), "What is it about them that makes them so confident?" And that naturally draws people to them.

Shyness is not a bad thing, though. It can be cute.

Wannabe Yogi

When I was a young man (even though I was buffed) had a hard time meeting women.
As I got just a little older a just started not caring if people liked me or not. I got out of being in good shape and became averege. Yet had a much easyer time meeting people.

Madura you seem like a great person. I would be so happy if my son (when he is just a little older) brought home a girl like you. (at least what you seem like on the forums)
I don't know if it will happen. He says he wants to be a swami. It maKes my wife cry.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know if it will happen. He says he wants to be a swami. It maKes my wife cry.

Oh no, your poor wife! This must be the case for every family that has a child who wants to renounce material life. Ah, reminds me of mother Satchi and Caitanya Mahaprabhu :)

dust1n

Zindīq
I never will understand it. Insecure is a turn off and for many narcissistic and self conceit is seen by many youth as a turn on. Just go to any American High School and see who is popular. This holds true in american movies also.

As I grow up this became less and less true with the people around me. It doesn't go away completely.

I do not understand it myself my friend

For some reason, the inability to avoid all emotions always seems to be portrayed as an admiral state. Perhaps people are attracted to others who are able to communicate without bringing feeling or thoughts because it helps to also avoid them.

Walkntune

I like a girl who is shy, quiet and sweet. I love it when she has an inner strength with character who can stand beside me also.

Beyondo

I girl that can say f me beats a quite shy girl that sends mixed signals. Direct and spontaneous that's the secret...