• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Significance of the spiral sun?

G. Boyd

I recently came across an photo that has a Zoroastrian priest beside the flame in a temple. In the background is a large image of a spiral sun. What is the significance of this spiral sun in Zoroastrianism?

Strangelove

Maybe it was referring to the suns yearly spiral orbit around the Earth north to south then back uo to north again?

G. Boyd

The forum wont let me post a link to the image, as I don't have enough posts. A search on Google for the terms "Zoroastrian Priest Flame", reveals it at the bottom of the first page of image results.

Parzival

The forum wont let me post a link to the image, as I don't have enough posts. A search on Google for the terms "Zoroastrian Priest Flame", reveals it at the bottom of the first page of image results.

Is this the photo you speak of?
Sadeh.jpg