• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Signs in the Heavens

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
There called Sundogs and are a Natural Phenomenon: Sun dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But if you want to get religious here I would say that it's ether Ra, Amaterasu, or any of the other sun Gods showing us that the Gods of old are still around and not going anywhere.
Oh and I have seen a Sundog in real life, awesome.

challupa

THE PICTURE WAS CAPTURED ON THE IDAHO / WASHINGTON BORDER. THE EVENT
LASTED ABOUT 1 HOUR.
CLOUDS HAVE TO BE CIRRUS, AT LEAST 20.000 FEET IN THE AIR, WITH JUST THE RIGHT
AMOUNT OF ICE CRYSTALS AND THE SUN HAS TO HIT THE CLOUDS AT PRECISELY 58 DEGREES.

FFH

Veteran Member
Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
I understand that sun dogs exist, but this explanation of atmospheric halos below, shows the sun at the center, not part of the ring itself.

Atmospheric Halos

It just looked a little odd that the sun was part of the ring....

Ring Connects Four Suns

....as opposed to being in the center, like this one.

sun dog

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Okay, natural science, fair enough, just refracted symmetrical light.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Okay, I see now that it can go both ways, with the sun at the center of the ring and as part of the ring.

Halo_and_sun_dog_-_NOAA.jpg

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
It is a nice picture. Excellent shot by the photographer. :rainbow1:
Actually, if you look at it in a three dimmensional "light," no pun intended, there are two rings (one faint horizontal ring and one verticle ring), making it appear as if the sun is encased in a sphere (of light).

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Okay so the opening post has been explained as a natural phenomenon.

Here are some more videos for your examination.

Why is it that multiple videos have popped up on the net concerning "flashing suns" and "black sun spots".

Flashing Sun (May 16, 2007)

Miracle of Sun at Medjugorje - www.gospa.it

Medjugorje Sun Miracle Part 1 of 3

Black spot on sun at 59 seconds on this radio controlled electric glider video.

Siren Hotliner (Seattle)

Black spot on sun at 1:19, 1:36 and 1:46

Siren Hotliner, flight to 4500ft+

Black spot on sun at 3 seconds, 32 seconds, 57 seconds, (very clear at 1:42), 2:32, 3:23. 3:39, 4:46. 5:04, 5:28, (very clear at 6:04), 6:29, 6:52

Siren Hotliner in Seattle

I fly controlled gliders, so that's why I cam across those videos, while watching a bunch of electric glider videos and was surprise to see the black sun spots appear on their videos.

Black spot on sun at 1:08, 2:04. (really clear shot at 4:44), 6:40, 7:17, 8:03, 8:22

RC Glider Thermik XXXL wing camera

Sun spot at 2:18. 2:37. 2:47, 2:56, 3:09, 3:08, 4:04, (clear shot at 4:30 notice the reflection off the glider wing has a back spot too), 4:54

RC Glider Thermik XXXL TailCam

A black spot on the sun appears in this video too.

RC Airplane with Onboard Camera Part 23

Last edited: