• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sikh woman trolled for praying for Trump

GURSIKH

chardi kla

A Sikh woman prayred for Trump at a rally.
Majority Comments from Christians in the comments section are full of hatred.

Screenshot_20240721-100738_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20240721-100807_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
They are full of hatred and bigotry. They also attacked Vance because his wife is not a white Christian. And of course they don't pay attention to how the Bible tells them to think, feel and act. They are brothers to ISIS - blind fanatics.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
A Sikh woman prayred for Trump at a rally.
Majority Comments from Christians in the comments section are full of hatred.

This is no surprise. American mainstream Christians are known for their hatred toward other religions and their utter lack of appreciation for religious liberty and pluralism in a free society.

I wonder if anyone here outside of the US can tell us if this is the way mainstream Christians are in other countries.

They are brothers to ISIS - blind fanatics.

Indeed. They are blind fanatics and some of them probably appreciate some of the atrocities committed by ISIL. As I've mentioned elsewhere on RF, their sort wants to turn the US into a Christian version of Pakistan.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
When are non-Christians going to learn? I pray to the Mother for it to not be too late.

MAGA is not your friend or ally. You may agree with their talking points. What part of Christian Nationalism do you not understand? A black woman wouldn't cheer on a Klan rally. She would understand there is no black in white Nationalism.

They do however need your minority vote.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I wonder if anyone here outside of the US can tell us if this is the way mainstream Christians are in other countries.

Unfortunately, your wording seems to suggest that "this is the way mainstream Christians are" within the U.S.

Why anyone might presume such a thing is beyond me.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It is what I presume based on years of reading mainstream Christian reactions to other religions in the US.

The only problems that I see with the presumption is that it is (a) bigoted, and (b) wrong.

Interfaith activity focused on encouraging an understanding of one another through addressing community needs is robust.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Millions of folk volunteering to help the hungry is not news.
Why should it be? Or are you suggesting that when some religious organization performs a charitable act it should be praised? Secular organizations help the needy every day without requiring praise. It's what decent human beings do. Secular government serves the hungry every day by providing food stamps and other people services.
A handful of bigots railing against some Sikh woman apparently is.
Yes, it is. Did you see those comments? This was a woman praying for their idol, and not one dissenting or kind opinion in the lot. Where was the decent Christian attending that Trump rally?

You likely see my comment as bigotry as well. Sorry, but these are ugly people. They deserve to be castigated. Instead, you downplay that and attempt to minimize it with the word "handful." Do you really doubt that that mentality predominates at a Trump rally?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The media bias toward sensationalism distorts what is going on. How often do you see, for example, the work of interfaith groups like the one near me? Congregational Members List | Interfaith Council

Further Is Jesus Really the Only Way to God? - C.S. Lewis Institute
Last year the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life published a major study on religious affiliation, beliefs, and practices in the United States. One of the significant findings was that 70 percent of all Americans believe that many religions can lead to eternal life, including 65 percent of all self-identifying Christians. Perhaps the most surprising finding of the study was that 56 percent of all evangelical Christians believe that there are many paths, other than faith in Christ, to God and eternal life.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Read the exchange again, and this time try extra hard to actually pay attention.
You seem to be unable to post without condescension and unprovoked hostility.

And it's not just directed at me, although this is the third rude and ill-mannered post you've written to me over the years. I've seen you verbally expectorate at least a half-dozen other RF posters as well.

Why so bitter? Why so cantankerous? Do you yell at children or kick dogs?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You seem to be unable to post without condescension and unprovoked hostility.

But did you rereading the exchange trying extra hard to pay attention?

Why so bitter? Why so cantankerous? Do you yell at children or kick dogs?

Perhaps contemptuous but not cantankerous and certainly not bitter. As for the rest, I rather like dogs and, while I'm actually quite good with children, I do indeed lose patience with adolescent misdirected sniping from those old enough to know better.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But did you rereading the exchange trying extra hard to pay attention?
You just can't get away from the condescension, can you? It's who you are - quick to anger and striking out at others when something pushes your buttons, which apparently can be just about anything. Who knows what set you off this time.
I do indeed lose patience with adolescent misdirected sniping from those old enough to know better.
And then engage it in.