• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sisters Bisexuality

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Sup all.

My sister recently told me that she is bisexual (she is quite young). I am hoping that this is part of a journey of self discovery and that she is indeed not bi. Not because I am judgemental or intolerant but I know that she will struggle more as a bi woman than she would as a gay woman. Bisexual women have it tougher than lesbians I notice when it comes to acceptance and have difficulties dating. This probably makes me a terrible person.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Sup all.

My sister recently told me that she is bisexual (she is quite young). I am hoping that this is part of a journey of self discovery and that she is indeed not bi. Not because I am judgemental or intolerant but I know that she will struggle more as a bi woman than she would as a gay woman. Bisexual women have it tougher than lesbians I notice when it comes to acceptance and have difficulties dating. This probably makes me a terrible person.

Assuming she doesn't become the stereotypical bisexual, she'll be fine socially. People seem to be more upset with the idea of polyamory than bisexuality.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Sup all.

It's the same reason I hope my daughters are straight...
So, perhaps it's informative to see whether you think that makes ME a terrible person...lol

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Assuming she doesn't become the stereotypical bisexual, she'll be fine socially. People seem to be more upset with the idea of polyamory than bisexuality.

I have noticed with girls who are bi there seems to be the assumption that they are more likely cheat, will sleep with whoever, and a lot of lebsians I have spoken with avoid them like the plague because they seem to believe that they will be left for a man or something.

I think she will get flack for trying to be trendy by being bi or because she is very much a girly gamer chick.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
So, perhaps it's informative to see whether you think that makes ME a terrible person...lol

Nope that doesnt make you a terrible person. I found out that is why my mother was hoping I was straight lol.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I have noticed with girls who are bi there seems to be the assumption that they are more likely cheat, will sleep with whoever, and a lot of lebsians I have spoken with avoid them like the plague because they seem to believe that they will be left for a man or something.

I think she will get flack for trying to be trendy by being bi or because she is very much a girly gamer chick.

She doesn't need to bother with lesbians. I'm pansexual and I tend to get involved with other queer and pansexual folk, but not straight women and gay men.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Sup all.

I think its perfectly understandable.

Id wish my kids are never into parkoour ( as awesome as it looks!) for fear of them falling and breaking themselves in irreversible pieces.

I have a bisexual friend who today is happy with his boyfriend, but he was really upset at first because straight people assumed he was "full" gay and gay people assumed he was "full" gay and s ex that he loved (they had to break up cause of several issues including she being... Medicated and ugly stuff) thought he never loved her and a lot of soap operish stuff.

Does sound hard. In the end, you can only be there and support on what you can and be very open.

Me Myself

Back to my username
She is being picked on for being a gamer girl, and for wearing shorts. Apparently wearing shorts means you a slutty.

**** shaming is such a weird phenomena in my head.

Men want to get laid. Women want to get laid. Why do they make it so much painfuller on each other by **** shaming?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Sup all.

Actually, I think it makes you sound like a concerned and compassionate sister. I hope your sister knows how lucky she is to have you.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Bi-phobia is rampant in both lesbian and straight circles in my experience. Either that or there is a big fascination with bisexual females.

I understand the concern. But she is who she is, so IMO just love her and support her. :)

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sup all.

I think it's rational for people to want their loved ones to have an easier time, which generally includes being in an ethnic an sexual majority. Being a bit worried about someone for being in a position where they might be picked on for something that, for all logical reasons shouldn't be a problem, is just a sign of caring. It's very different than intolerance.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I have, personally, seen more bisexuals than bi-phobics. And I am from Iowa. I can't imagine it being much worse in Australia, which generally has more proclaimed "liberals" if I remember correctly, right?

Could be wrong. Just an assumption.