• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sleep Deprivation

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
It used to be a way of life, now it's just an adventure.

One of the effects of the rainy season we just had here in South-central coast California (after over a decade of drought) is that the rodent population has exploded here. Last night a rat decided to invite itself indoors to see how the other half lives, and kept me up until the wee hours. It was a tiny rat, probably part of a recent litter that hasn't figured out yet that if something a thousand times your size screams obscenities and throws something at you you'd be better of going somewhere else.

Not that big a deal, I managed to get maybe three hours and woke up for good around 4:30 am.

Since I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get to go back to sleep (sometime s you can just tell ) I decided to make today a Get-everything-you've-been-putting-off-all-week-done-at-once day. I figured since this day was going to be a good 6 hours longer than usual. and since I probably wasn't going enjoy any of it anyway, I might as well be responsible and make good use of the extra time.

So far today I've:

----done my laundry,
--- picked up my mail ( I use a mail service that's about a 3&1/2 mile bike ride away)
--- went thrift store shopping, grocery shopping, and dollar store shopping.
--- made it to the Uni in time for a full 3 hours on one of their desktop computers.
--- ordered some things from Home Depot (including mouse traps)

I don't like using traps but when something starts @!~%@~ing with my sleep we're there.

So far I've managed to keep most of the rodents away from my place with my usual arsenal of laundry detergent, diluted tabasco sauce in a spray bottle (I used to just use powdered cayenne pepper but the spray bottle works better), and screaming obscenities.

This works on most rodents but the little turd I'm dealing with right now is a woodrat, and for some reason wood rats just can't take a hint. That's because they are the spawn of Satan.
1716583363425.png

Note the black, empty eyes?

This is because they have no souls.

Therefore it's OK to use traps on them. In any case they don't really give you a choice.

So my plan is to give them one more chance: if the one that got inside is gone now and another spraying keeps them out I'll leave it at that.

This probably won't work though.

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to be a thread about woodrats, it was supposed to be about sleep deprivation, but I'm tired now so I'm going to leave it as-is, give myself a warning for rule 4, and go look for something fun to do in the forums.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
It used to be a way of life, now it's just an adventure.

One of the effects of the rainy season we just had here in South-central coast California (after over a decade of drought) is that the rodent population has exploded here. Last night a rat decided to invite itself indoors to see how the other half lives, and kept me up until the wee hours. It was a tiny rat, probably part of a recent litter that hasn't figured out yet that if something a thousand times your size screams obscenities and throws something at you you'd be better of going somewhere else.

Not that big a deal, I managed to get maybe three hours and woke up for good around 4:30 am.

Since I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get to go back to sleep (sometime s you can just tell ) I decided to make today a Get-everything-you've-been-putting-off-all-week-done-at-once day. I figured since this day was going to be a good 6 hours longer than usual. and since I probably wasn't going enjoy any of it anyway, I might as well be responsible and make good use of the extra time.

So far today I've:

----done my laundry,
--- picked up my mail ( I use a mail service that's about a 3&1/2 mile bike ride away)
--- went thrift store shopping, grocery shopping, and dollar store shopping.
--- made it to the Uni in time for a full 3 hours on one of their desktop computers.
--- ordered some things from Home Depot (including mouse traps)

I don't like using traps but when something starts @!~%@~ing with my sleep we're there.

So far I've managed to keep most of the rodents away from my place with my usual arsenal of laundry detergent, diluted tabasco sauce in a spray bottle (I used to just use powdered cayenne pepper but the spray bottle works better), and screaming obscenities.

This works on most rodents but the little turd I'm dealing with right now is a woodrat, and for some reason wood rats just can't take a hint. That's because they are the spawn of Satan.
View attachment 92011
Note the black, empty eyes?

This is because they have no souls.

Therefore it's OK to use traps on them. In any case they don't really give you a choice.

So my plan is to give them one more chance: if the one that got inside is gone now and another spraying keeps them out I'll leave it at that.

This probably won't work though.

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to be a thread about woodrats, it was supposed to be about sleep deprivation, but I'm tired now so I'm going to leave it as-is, give myself a warning for rule 4, and go look for something fun to do in the forums.
Need to borrow some cats?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do what I do.
Put up a sign that says...
KOLLECTIVE FARM
Half the rats will run away.
The others will starve.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, I have empathy for this topic. I've got a combined total of 7 hours of sleep over the last 2 nights.

In my case it's a toddler with a fever, but just as annoying as a rat.
Although I will say she talks a lot of funny **** when the fever kicks in. Complete stream of consciousness. Just a shame it's 3.30am when she does it.