• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solution idea for the Israel/Palestine problem?

Ulver

Well we could pull the Hobbes Leviathan out. The USA could threaten to nuke the entire nation of Israel (and palestine) along with all of the big three's Holy sites into dust, if people don't stop fighting and killing each other. Perhaps with check points on how many people get killed each month or some such standard.

Opinions?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My thinking is that many might find that solution to be a tiny bit extreme. Just a tad.

I am more interested why we would seriously consider the thoughts of a medieval "thinker" to solve our current problems. It is my suspicion that nuking Jerusalem and the Kabaah might cause a little bit of retribution, but it is just a hunch.

Ulver

I just often ponder about how much strife goes over this bit of land and sometimes I wonder if people cannot seem to naturally find some sort of peace there, then why even deal with i?. Why should people have the right to talk to god when they cannot even talk with their fellow man/woman?

Of course such a system could even be enlarged to the whole world. If too much strife and war occurs then the whole world clicking like a clock just goes boom.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Personally, I would rather the US just completely withdraw all support and contact and just let them fight it out.

Ulver

Mestemia said:
Personally, I would rather the US just completely withdraw all support and contact and just let them fight it out.

Ah, but then WWII guilt would be used and ofcourse the influence of American Jews. Said influence though is over-exaggerated in some circles, but even though a lot of Jews are critics of Israel, there's still plenty who support it.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Ulver said:
Ah, but then WWII guilt would be used and ofcourse the influence of American Jews. Said influence though is over-exaggerated in some circles, but even though a lot of Jews are critics of Israel, there's still plenty who support it.

if your going to talk about influence then you should spend time talking about the influence of OPEC and big oil in this country as well, that has as much if not more sway over America's policies in that region than Jewish influence.

Ulver

jewscout said:
if your going to talk about influence then you should spend time talking about the influence of OPEC and big oil in this country as well, that has as much if not more sway over America's policies in that region than Jewish influence.

America has many bed-fellows. Sometimes it's hard to tell who it exactly favors.

A

angellous_evangellous

Ulver said:
Well we could pull the Hobbes Leviathan out. The USA could threaten to nuke the entire nation of Israel (and palestine) along with all of the big three's Holy sites into dust, if people don't stop fighting and killing each other. Perhaps with check points on how many people get killed each month or some such standard.

Opinions?

Humanism needs a revival.

Ulver

angellous_evangellous said:
Humanism needs a revival.

And what good would it do? And how could you revive it with the way it's lamblasted in the states along with anything called liberal?

Capt. Haddock

Evil Mouse
I think a better solution would be a forced early morning exercise routine for the entire population. During these exercise routines, people must repeatedly chant the following verse:

WE'RE THE (Insert name of your tribe here)
THEY'RE THE (Insert name of your enemy tribe here)
WHOOT! (Insert name of your tribe here) RULE!!!
WHOOT! (Insert name of your enemy tribe here) SUCK!!!
GO (Insert name of your tribe here)!!!!
KILL THE (Insert name of your enemy tribe here)!!!
(Begin thumping chest)
UGA!
UGA!
UGA!
WE'RE NUMBER ONE!

Repeat ten times, then go about your business.

After about three weeks or so, I predict all the inhabitants will have sufficiently vented their inner monkeyness and they'll be willing to look at things with a fresher perspective.

If it works in the Holy Land, we can patent the Captain Haddock Original Conflict Resolution Therapy and export it to conflict zones all over the world. UN blue helmets can be deployed to lead the masses in their cheers. Peace, love and cute fuzzy bunnies will flourish across the Earth, guaranteed.

They say that only a fool continues to take the same actions expecting different results. It's time to try something new, and my plan is as good as any out there. Besides, my fee is very reasonable.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
If ANYONE's holy sites started getting nuked, you better be damn sure to stand out of my way. Less peaceful religious folks than myself would have an even more violent reaction.

You don't throw gas on a fire to put it out.