• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some help please!

MotoEric

Hi,

Does the Church teach that the consumption of the Eucharist is necessary for salvation?

Is there are concise resource that explains exactly what the Church teaches about what is required for salvation?

Thank you,

Eric

Scott1

Does the Church teach that the consumption of the Eucharist is necessary for salvation?
Not in those words...

... but in the case of a Catholic, there must be a very good reason for not being a part of the Communion of the Church.... otherwise, why in the world would anyone refuse the Eucharist?
Is there are concise resource that explains exactly what the Church teaches about what is required for salvation?
No.... that would presuppose that the Church knew the conscience of every human being on earth.... but understand that EVERY ASPECT of the Church is an assistance in working out our salvation "with fear and trembling".

You're asking a question that has 2,000 years of history and teaching ... not really easy to sum up in an internet post... if you have specific questions, I'd be happy to help.

S

MotoEric

Thank you. I was trying to find something to use to respond to someone on another forum who was engaged in a bit of Catholic bashing. I guess it was a bit foolish to try to find a pat answer to something like the Eucharist or Salvation.

It's just a bit much to expect someone to read through a great deal of text when they have pretty much made up their mind anyway. You can sometimes get them to rethink a position if you are short, precise and pithy, but this might not be a situation for that.

Thanks again,

Eric

Scott1

No problem... again... always here to help if you have a more specific question.

Peace be with you,
S