• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some of the most interesting answers have been OFF TOPIC

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have conceived myself an outlook thanks to someone here (I think it is against forum rules to say who) about morality.

The three things that will determine a person's outlook are morality, intelligence and sondness of mind.

Because (I believe) humankind is actually in God's image everyone's morality is the same. So what will determine what a person will do is their intelligence and their soundness of mind (or lack of). Of course training, genetics (other than soundness and intelligence), propaganda and such things will sway a person this way and that way. But I think it might be true that morality is no one's cause for anything. If it was then the world would not be about sex, drugs and violence.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So? Well I think it is true people are not much bothered by other people calling them "morally corrupt" But who is capable of accepting the judgement "stupid"? No one I think.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Everything seems to be grey. There are no distinctions apparent anymore. Maybe it is as The Everlasting Story and everything is breaking up to make a big pile of no distinction. I mean really.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is so frustrating debating love and law because it seems like everyone's talking about something different when we do.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just want to say that people who insist they know what God thinks are putting themselves in God's place because only God knows what God thinks and I can't help sharing this.

2 Thessalonians 2:4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Is saying "I know God" and "I am God" the same? I think so!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Does anyone else experience this phenomenon? You know a word and you know how to spell it but when you do spell it and it is right it does not look right. It looks like a word you never saw before. Do you want to make a list of them?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is a real question: Why are you living for the coming of the Messiah if you are a believer who believes he already came?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Does anyone else experience this phenomenon? You know a word and you know how to spell it but when you do spell it and it is right it does not look right. It looks like a word you never saw before. Do you want to make a list of them?
No I check in an on-line dictionary. I am jealous of Indian American kids who have repeatedly won spelling contests.
It is a real question: Why are you living for the coming of the Messiah if you are a believer who believes he already came?
Is not he supposed to come back one more time?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No I check in an on-line dictionary. I am jealous of Indian American kids who have repeatedly won spelling contests.

I love my on line dictionary and Thesaurus! Google knows how to spell too! Sometimes I skip the dictionary part and just ask my friend Google.

Is not he supposed to come back one more time?

I believe he comes back to the believer. He has come back to me. I believe this. He makes me rejoice in YHVH. On the other hand the prophesy about him coming back to The World says people will beat themselves in lamentation.

Matthew 24:30 Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

Young's Literal Translation
and then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in the heaven; and then shall all the tribes of the earth smite the breast, and they shall see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of the heaven, with power and much glory;

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is a TEST. I am testing capital letters. That's all. Nothing happening here.

But if you want to you can try it. Capital letters are OK on RF but not for the first word.