• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some of the most interesting answers have been OFF TOPIC

Wherenextcolumbus

It seems to me that some people teach that to worship God a person must know God's NAME. I think I don't agree with that. I am sure I recognized THE I AM and I wished to worship THE I AM before I heard what the Name of I AM is.

To know the name and to say the name every 5secs is different I think. Every one knows the Hebrew God has a most holy name, and they can look up what it means easily. (When I say everyone I mean that loosely and that it is no secret that needs to be exposed)
Is there a need to always say the name, I don't think so, I don't think you get more brownie points from god for saying the name all the time and I don't think it is proof of divine inspiration.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Fyi This is off topic of the Jehovah thread.

It's than not then

Than vs. then
Then is mainly an adverb, often used to situate actions in time. For example, you wake up in the morning and then have breakfast. It’s also used in if … then constructions such as, “If you wake late, then you might have to skip breakfast.” It also works as a noun meaning that time (e.g., “I wanted breakfast, but then was not a good time”) and as an adjective meaning at that time (e.g., “My then boyfriend was not an early riser”).

Than is a conjunction used mainly in making comparisons—e.g., “My breakfast is better than yours”; “I make breakfast differently than you do.”

To help distinguish between the two words, remember that than has no one-word synonyms. It is a one-of-a-kind word. To illustrate, try thinking of a single word to replace than in “My breakfast is better than yours.” There isn’t one. Then, in contrast, has many synonyms and often bears replacement with an equivalent word or phrase. For instance, “I woke up and then had breakfast” can become “I woke up and subsequently had breakfast.” The exception is in if … then constructions, where the then is usually required. But for these situations, just remember that then, not than, is the correct spelling of the word often paired with if.

Than vs. then - Grammarist

Sonofason

It doesn't help that the word "supernatural" is a dirty word in the minds of so many in my culture. When they hear that word, they shut their brains off and think they can dismiss things offhand. Yet another reason I hate using the term. It puts up a wall and people stop listening.

I have actually made a conscious decision to not incorporate the word supernatural into my vocabulary, (this of course being an exception), because I believe that there is no such thing as supernatural. If it exists, if it happens, it is quite natural, however common or uncommon it's occurrence might be. If God exists, it is quite natural for Him to exist.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
savagewind said:
It seems to me that some people teach that to worship God a person must know God's NAME. I think I don't agree with that. I am sure I recognized THE I AM and I wished to worship THE I AM before I heard what the Name of I AM is.
To know the name and to say the name every 5secs is different I think. Every one knows the Hebrew God has a most holy name, and they can look up what it means easily. (When I say everyone I mean that loosely and that it is no secret that needs to be exposed)
Is there a need to always say the name, I don't think so, I don't think you get more brownie points from god for saying the name all the time and I don't think it is proof of divine inspiration.

To a lot of ancient cultures, including the Hebrew, the name of God had magical power. Thus don't say it, so others can't use it.

Even the early Christians thought this, and so we have the story of the pagan doing miracles using Jesus' name.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I am wondering what causes the spinning feeling when one has drank too much?

Alcohol affects the brain. The central nervous system is first. It controls vision, speech, balance, etc. So you start to slur your words, have blurred vision, and become uncoordinated.

The more you drink the more problems you cause for the cerebellum - that incoordination turns to dizziness and vertigo, etc.

It effects the frontal cortex which means it is interfering with your thought process.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is not because we are poor that we share one tracfone. It is because we believe simple is best. And because I don't know how to use highfalutin electronics. I still have not figure out how to turn the pages on Kindle.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe it is true I have not made one personal attack against any JW on forum or against any governing body member. Though they have made very many against me. Not a good advertisement for the kingdom, I'd say

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
ratsinfratsin that is a new word I made up. It's for when you think someone might talk to you but they change their mind and they don't.

Pronouns are almost as much fun as spelling.