• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some people just don’t think?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
That depends on the person and the situation.

They may not be aware of what they're doing and how it affects others. You can get mad at them if you want, but if they truly have no idea, its fruitless. Better to teach.

If they're aware and don't care, better to avoid them. Its hard to change a jerk.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
why is it that some people do not think about their actions or the impact their actions have on people’s lives in general, their mental health and illness. Or maybe I should just look past it and not judge?

I suppose people are always "thinking" about something, but sometimes I might wonder what some people are thinking when they do something incredibly dumb or irresponsible or atrocious. "What were they thinking?" I might ask myself.

I also ask the same question sometimes while driving and observing the actions of other drivers in traffic. For some, it seems apparent that, whatever they might be thinking, they're not really thinking about their driving. In fact, that may be the case for a lot of people, where their attentions might be divided and they're trying to think of several things at the same time. Someone might be working at a job, but instead of thinking of work, they might be thinking about lunch.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
why is it that some people do not think about their actions or the impact their actions have on people’s lives in general, their mental health and illness.
In my experience, ego and selfishness are the main reason people don't consider how their actions will impact others.

Or maybe I should just look past it and not judge?
Judging others does nothing to change others' behavior. Such judgments, in my experience, only brings suffering to oneself.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My helper is one
why is it that some people do not think about their actions or the impact their actions have on people’s lives in general, their mental health and illness. Or maybe I should just look past it and not judge?
I started to go into detail.
But it's too tedious to explain.
(Today it was annoying to manage him.)

InChrist

Free4ever
Some people just seem to be very self centered, narcissists who don’t care about others. Sadly, many children grow up in broken or abusive environments and are never taught how to consider the feelings of others or are damaged by their own abuse they don’t know how to treat others kindly.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There are many factors at play. One I know of is FAS, and it's on a scale, and often hidden. When I taught, I got blank looks, the looks of 'I don't understand' that no teacher or parent wants to see. Another is the entire array of genetic disorders. My family has a genetic linguistic disorder that affected Dad, one sister, one brother, and a niece. They all had difficulty processing language, and pronouncing.

So sometimes the reason some people don't think is because they can't think.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Some people are like that, call it ego, selfishness, or whatever.

In some it may be a mental disorder.

Other people have simply had a bad day.

epilepsy-matters

well I take on board everyone’s comments and I thank you all for taking an interest. I mentioned that it was what happened to me. Now I can’t put my JustGiving link directly in this because it is not allowed however, if you want to read my story in full please go to Justgiving and it is /crowdfunding/epilepsy-matters

I didn’t think there was enough room to put what happened on here, but if you are able to read it, share it. I would be forever thankful.

epilepsy-matters

There are many factors at play. One I know of is FAS, and it's on a scale, and often hidden. When I taught, I got blank looks, the looks of 'I don't understand' that no teacher or parent wants to see. Another is the entire array of genetic disorders. My family has a genetic linguistic disorder that affected Dad, one sister, one brother, and a niece. They all had difficulty processing language, and pronouncing.

So sometimes the reason some people don't think is because they can't think.
I understand that Vinayaka, however I am speaking about direct horrible actions!