• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something Happened To Me Today

budge

So here is the story summed up. My mom is moving in with her boyfriend, and he has a cat and 2 young kids. We have 2 130 lb. dogs who are not good with cats and are energetic and dangerous to defenseless kids. Today was the day we were supposed to give them to a shelter, and never see them again. Before I went to school I said my final goodbyes, using all my strength to hold back tears. I kept it together, and after my second class I had a weird feeling. Like someone was trying to tell me something. So I slowly walked to the bathroom. I went into a stall, and started to pray to God. It's been awhile since I've prayed, and I like to think of myself as religious, but I know my faith has been tested at times. I kneeled on the ground for a few minutes, praying that somehow I wouldn't have to lose my dogs. I felt a feeling of relief after I was done. About an hour later I felt my phone vibrate. It was my mom. Her boyfriend had a last second change of heart, and was willing to give one of the dogs a try. A few minutes later her mom (my grandma) called and also had an apparent change of heart, and was willing to take the other dog. Within 10 minutes, we went from losing both dogs to not losing any. The first thing I thought after receiving this was of God. I knew it was him. My prayer had been answered. Now I will promise myself that I will continue praying every night, that they will both be accepted into their respective homes. There is a God up there, and he will answer you when the time is right.

Fiddler

Lerner
What a warm story, miracles do happen,you know.

And do not forget your early morning prayers either.

apophenia

I am happy your dogs are OK. Nice story. Good to hear your mum's boyfriend and your grandma have good hearts too (and your mum, no doubt).