• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of God

Enki2

My question is two fold; God destroyed earth with a flood to kill off all life except Noah and family, So why does the KJV mention that the Nephlim (mixture of angels and humans) survived, David was supposed to have killed the last of them; and If Yeshua bar Yoseph ( Jesus) was the product of the overshadowing of the human Mary by Gabri-El (Holy Ghost) would not that make Jesus a Nephlim?
;; Question on Garden of E-den( means enclosed city) The serpent was supposed to have deceived Eve and Adam; Sumerian name for him was; ENKI the first son of Anu the supreme god. his emblem was Ousoburros, the snake that ate it's tail or the current medical symbol for doctors of all professions, which looks like our DNA chain also, in their language the serpent was considered one that brings knowledge or a teacher, SO why do we consider him evil?

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hello and welcome!

Like Bob said, this isn't really the place for this. This section is for introducing yourself. :)

"I destroyed a bond of friendship and respect
Between the only people left
Who'd even look me in the eye
Now I laugh and make a fortune
Off the same ones that I torture
And the world screams..."

Oh, sorry. I was Thinking of an unrelated thing. Welcome!

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
My question is two fold; God destroyed earth with a flood to kill off all life except Noah and family, So why does the KJV mention that the Nephlim (mixture of angels and humans) survived, David was supposed to have killed the last of them; and If Yeshua bar Yoseph ( Jesus) was the product of the overshadowing of the human Mary by Gabri-El (Holy Ghost) would not that make Jesus a Nephlim?

the term 'Nephilim' is not strictly a name describing the offspring of the angles in Noahs day. The hebrew word literally means Fellers; men who cause others to fall down. That is why the Isrealites described some people as 'nephilims' in later times. Especially their enemies who were large warrior type men were called Nephilim.

But back in the genesis account there is another term specifically applied to the nephilim back there. “The Nephilim proved to be in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of the true God continued to have relations with the daughters of men and they bore sons to them, they were the mighty ones [Heb., hag·gib·bo·rim′] who were of old, the men of fame.”—Ge 6:1-4.

You wont find the expression haggiborim applied to any other individuals in the scriptures...it only applies to the nephilim in the days of Noah.

;; Question on Garden of E-den( means enclosed city) The serpent was supposed to have deceived Eve and Adam; Sumerian name for him was; ENKI the first son of Anu the supreme god. his emblem was Ousoburros, the snake that ate it's tail or the current medical symbol for doctors of all professions, which looks like our DNA chain also, in their language the serpent was considered one that brings knowledge or a teacher, SO why do we consider him evil?

i would say its because our knowledge of Satan as Gods great adversary paints him as an enemy, not a friend. He is the one who caused death to mankind. He is the one who lies about God and goes out to destroy what God has created.

The scriptures also highlight that God will eventually destroy Satan completely. And i suppose other religions have been established by Gods enemy to deceive mankind... so you might expect that they would paint a good picture of Satan.

bnabernard

A person might consider the second era (post flood)) as a testing ground for the spirits of the Nephlin who had been taught by their fathers rather than the Father.
The fathers of said being encaserated no longer having a hand in mankinds fall or rise.

bernard (hug)

Enki2, you might want to search around the forums for a decent place to start the initial post. Based on my reading of your question, I would recommend the Comparative Religion forum, or maybe Theological Discussion.

If you wanted a scholarly viewpoint, You might want to try the Scholar DIR in resources. It's up to you how you want to direct the course of information heading your way.
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/comparative-religion/