• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soul Food

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What feeds your soul?

What do you tend to do to lift your spirits?

Speaking personally, I really enjoy meditation and pleasant conversations with "like minds" and reading some of my favourite books.

I find that the right music can also help to raise one's spirits.

What about you?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Speaking of books, here's one you may never have heard of. It is called "Soul Food" by Kate Kippenberger and is well-worth checking out IMHO.

Here's a little taste of the book:

Compassion

It's very easy to fall into the trap of reacting to other people's behaviour. If someone is rude to us, or if an impatient driver cuts us off in the street, we become annoyed. Instead of feeling annoyed, try to feel compassion by putting yourself in their shoes. Imagine how bad you'd feel to be rude to another person, or how stressed you would feel to be in such a hurry. By taking the focus away from yourself, you realise that other people potentially have problems worse than your own, so be thankful for what you have.

Please feel perfectly free to post your own favourites!

All the best!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
For me, there are many ways - action - when I help someone. Meditation. Listening to uplifting music. Petting my dog.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What feeds your soul?

Speaking personally, I really enjoy meditation and pleasant conversations with "like minds" and reading some of my favourite books.

What about you?
Chitlins !!!

David1967

Premium Member
What feeds your soul?

What about you?

What you said. I would add ' a good laugh with friends' to the list.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
At this point in my life...
  • Meditation (I really like this app - Insight Timer Meditation Timer)
  • Gaming - Work can be stressful. Taking out thieves with a bow and arrows in Skyrim helps me decompress.
  • Theological study - I've always been fascinated by what people believe and why. I guess that's kind why I'm here.