• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Park Vs. Family Guy

Mike182

Flaming Queer
south park is funny, but family guy is far better! in fact, if i may be so controvercial, i would even suggest that American Dad is better than south park :eek:

evearael

Family Guy is much better. I can't get over the diamonds commercial... "She'll pretty much have to."

I don't own a tv, so... Nope, didn't see South Park.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
South Park ripped on Family Guy, the craziness over the Muhammed cartoon, and Comedy Central for pulling the "In the Closet" episode.

"I am nothing like Family Guy, do you hear me?" - Cartman

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
it's all very funny....

i like them both... but South Park has to take my vote...it's more crude, like me.. :( sorry family guy

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
For my money, South Park is crude, fart joke, you can feel your IQ dropping humor much like Beavis and Butthead. I find myself :biglaugh: to keep from crying.

I haven't fully warmed up to Family Guy just yet. :eek: The times I've watched, some of the punchlines are pretty easy to guess, sit-com style, and that ruins the fun for me. It's times like that I dislike being a nerd.:bonk:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A talking dog? A malevolent baby with a British accent? What's up with that? How am I to relate to any of these characters?

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Seyorni said:
A talking dog? A malevolent baby with a British accent?
Both of these things make me think of Tony Blair. There, you could relate them to that.

I love Family Guy, could watch it forever. South Park can be hysterically funny but I often get bored when someone puts it on.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How can I relate them to Tony Blair? Blair's an adult politician. He's English, with a proper and understandable English accent.

Why does an American infant speak as an intellectual with a British accent?

Ridiculous!

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
I love both shows.

I am a bit partial to Stewie though on Family Guy.

He is my hero for things I wish I oculd have said as a child. ROFL

FBI

finalfrogo

:biglaugh: I have not seen this episode, but I saw the previews! I wanted to see it make fun of family guy.

I must side with Family Guy, although they are both extremely funny.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Seyorni said:
Why does an American infant speak as an intellectual with a British accent?

Ridiculous!

In that case, I won't bring up Brian, the dog! :D

I love the 'stream of consiousness' of "Family Guy", but prefer "South Park", when I can watch it. Both of them display humor that is, at times, vicious, but "South Park"'s seems to come from a genuine love of human nature. (Or at least frustration at it.) Plus, South Park has Butters, whom I love!

literal visionary

south park you can only watch 1

familyguy you can watch over and over

i like both but i think aqua teen hunger force is better,

master shake caught schizophrenia from a toilet seat.......
the egyption t shirt episode..........
or maybe the episode where frylock built the super potty and sucked karls body in....

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
jewscout said:
Did anyone catch last night's episode of South Park?:biglaugh:
Yeah, I caught it. Was not impressed. There was a time when I regularly thought that South Park was hilarious, but nowadays it seems that my reaction is more often "wow, I can't believe they did that" :eek: than actually thinking it's clever and funny. Shock value by itself is not clever/funny. Otoh, the episode with chef's death and the "super adventurer's club" was brilliant!

Bishka

Veteran Member
I'm not a fan of either, actually. I prefer Futurama, makes me laugh every time I see it and we own all four seasons, and trust me, I've seen them a ton!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
beckysoup61 said:
I'm not a fan of either, actually. I prefer Futurama, makes me laugh every time I see it and we own all four seasons, and trust me, I've seen them a ton!

I love "Futurama"! I feel a great kinship with Dr. Zoidberg, oddly enough.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
i like both but i think aqua teen hunger force is better,
ATHF is hilarious at times, like when the mummy is under the house...

However, Family Guy gets my vote for best comedic cartoon ever.

literal visionary

ATHF is hilarious at times, like when the mummy is under the house...

However, Family Guy gets my vote for best comedic cartoon ever.

I just like weirdness alot, you never know what there going to do next

Bishka

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
I love "Futurama"! I feel a great kinship with Dr. Zoidberg, oddly enough.

Don't worry, so do I. What I love is that my husband can mimick Zoidberg's whoop.