• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spain are European champions in the football

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
That was a technical masterclass from Spain. Well-deserved win, especially given their tough road to the final.

I kinda feel bad for England. They're a good team and have now lost their second European Championship final in a row. Italy have always been my favorite team, though, so I became excited like a kid when they won the previous tournament. I didn't feel as bad for England as I do today. :D

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
No third place playoff in this tournament

I'd like to see France vs. Netherlands but it's not going to happen

Yerda

Veteran Member
It is always nice when fluid attacking football wins. Spain were great to watch. The midfield three and the two wingers are electric.

England were poor in every game except the 1st half against Netherlands. With that squad they should be miles ahead of everyone.

Scotland were totally out of their depth but we came for the party and it was a buzz being at a major tournament.

Altfish

Veteran Member
No third place playoff in this tournament

I'd like to see France vs. Netherlands but it's not going to happen
I think 3rd place playoffs were a bit of a non event; neither team wanted to be there and often the manager would give the squad players a run-out

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I think 3rd place playoffs were a bit of a non event; neither team wanted to be there and often the manager would give the squad players a run-out
It brings a sense of closure to the competition though

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The better team won. C4 TV unexpectedly showed the 66 match in colour the day before - which was much nicer to view given we knew who won that - and it was a more enjoyable match to watch anyway, for non-Spanish or German fans. :D

...and Southgate has resigned.

At least he did the right thing.

Seems to be a good man manager but tactically inept and was unable to surround himself with a staff that could make up for his weaknesses in that manner.

Lost a World Cup semi and the previous Euro final through his timidity.

Was the luckiest manager in history this time with individual moments of brilliance pulling him out of the holes he created and probably the easiest draw to a final in history.