• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritual outlet

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Does anyone here keep their true religious/spiritual beliefs to themselves because people would think they’re cuckoo? Personally, I don’t share my beliefs with people outside of this website. It feels good to talk about my beliefs, every now and again, here where nobody knows who I am.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Ditto for me. I once had a wonderful half-hour or so of an evening when some people showed up unannounced to try to convert us. I instead, while I continued to do yard work in front of them, told them all about MY religion, and wouldn't they be interested in converting?:D

They listened politely for awhile, said goodbye, then went about their own business...

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Ditto for me. I once had a wonderful half-hour or so of an evening when some people showed up unannounced to try to convert us. I instead, while I continued to do yard work in front of them, told them all about MY religion, and wouldn't they be interested in converting?:D

They listened politely for awhile, said goodbye, then went about their own business...
They should’ve left you immediately. Haha

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
No. They were intruding on our evening, but I simply took the initiative and treated them to the same kind of abuse they came to unleash on us.
I do this with most door to door proselytizing. I tell them I'm not interested, but I'll ask to share my views with them if they are willing to listen.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
As I've done on numerous other opportunities. But sometimes experience teaches better than being polite. If they feel they have a right to disrupt my evening, I claim the right to disrupt theirs.
Here is a good one for you to try. Tell em you’re gay and you worship the devil. That might tickle your fancy.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Why would I lie when I can tell them the truth?

I most certainly was not playing a joke on them...I was giving them some of their own medicine back.
I didn’t realize they were administering medicine when all they were told was to go door-to-door by their boss.