• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sri rama charan paduka

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
as perhaps you know the story of the wooden sandal of lord rama is a major story of ramayana. rama was beginning his fourteen years of exile, his younger brother, bharat had come to ayodhya at the death of his father and had refused the crown. so, bharat goes to coax rama to come back and assume the kingship of ayodhya. rama refuses saying that he would not go back on his vow, thereby giving rise to the hindu saying 'raghukula reet sada chali aayi, pran jaye par vachan na jaee' (it is the tradition of the raghu family, i.e., rama's family; that one may die but never break a vow). then bharat requests rama to give him his sandal, saying that he would place the sandal on the throne and be the care-taker of the kingdom.

rama sandal replicas are kept by many hindus in their homes and worshiped. they are available on internet. a hyderabad devoee of rama has made a silver replica and the sendals are being taken around and finally would be kept in the new rama temple. These Charan Padukas are made of one kg of gold and seven kg of silver. they were brought to Ahmedabad from Rameshwaram Dham on Sunday. From here, these padukas will be taken to Somnath Mandir in Prabhas Patan, and later, they will be taken to temple town of Dwarka and then to Badrinath Dham. also chitrakoot where rama spent the major part of his exile. The padukas will reach Ayodhya on January 19th before the Prana-Pratishtha Mohotsav.

71nGMYOl48L._AC_UY1100_.jpg
fvhkpeaiaacso5_1702851381.jpg

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
rama temple construction:
there will be 36 doors in the temple, each door will be studded with 3 kg of gold, 18 gates in the sanctum, and a gold throne ..

Last edited:

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
as perhaps you know the story of the wooden sandal of lord rama is a major story of ramayana. rama was beginning his fourteen years of exile, his younger brother, bharat had come to ayodhya at the death of his father and had refused the crown. so, bharat goes to coax rama to come back and assume the kingship of ayodhya. rama refuses saying that he would not go back on his vow, thereby giving rise to the hindu saying 'raghukula reet sada chali aayi, pran jaye par vachan na jaee' (it is the tradition of the raghu family, i.e., rama's family; that one may die but never break a vow). then bharat requests rama to give him his sandal, saying that he would place the sandal on the throne and be the care-taker of the kingdom.

rama sandal replicas are kept by many hindus in their homes and worshiped. they are available on internet. a hyderabad devoee of rama has made a silver replica and the sendals are being taken around and finally would be kept in the new rama temple. These Charan Padukas are made of one kg of gold and seven kg of silver. they were brought to Ahmedabad from Rameshwaram Dham on Sunday. From here, these padukas will be taken to Somnath Mandir in Prabhas Patan, and later, they will be taken to temple town of Dwarka and then to Badrinath Dham. also chitrakoot where rama spent the major part of his exile. The padukas will reach Ayodhya on January 19th before the Prana-Pratishtha Mohotsav.

71nGMYOl48L._AC_UY1100_.jpg
fvhkpeaiaacso5_1702851381.jpg
I will be honest. I am highly ambivalent about rich people trying to show off their devotional zeal by making gold statues, ornaments, sandals or buying Ganesha laddus worth crores. You cannot buy spiritual progress with money or gold....unlike most things in life. Somebody needs to explain this to them.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
hey, it is dedicated to lord rama, at the supposed place of his birth, and a return after some 600 years. naturally, hindus are elated. admire the devotion of the person, and let it be. there won't be a plaque describing the person. he is only presenting a silver paduka.
i do not even need a rama temple. rama is always in my heart as the epitome of 'maryada'.
'ramah videhavan dharmah' (rama is the embodiment of dharma).

Last edited: