• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Student Protests Against Israel Are Wonderful

Ignatius A

Describing Palestinians in this way is vile and indicative of a generally bigoted outlook in my experience. Perhaps you're projecting your genocidal urges on to me rather than reading them in what I'm saying?
Your "experience" is apparently very limited. You realize don't you hamas (the governing authority of the Palestinian people, elected by the Palestinian people) has explicitly stated their goal of eradicating jews from the face of the earth.? It has nothing to do with what I think of hamas or Palestinians..

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
(the governing authority of the Palestinian people, elected by the Palestinian people)
True, but I recommend you think carefully before making the implication that electing an evil government is justification for extermination. You might be condemning millions of people in your own country.

Ignatius A

True, but I recommend you think carefully before making the implication that electing an evil government is justification for extermination. You might be condemning millions of people in your own country.
Again it's says half measures with some people. It's not the election of a evil govt that's the problem its that govts explicit desire to eradicate jews and their behavior toward that goal that's the problem. Do you see the difference? And please stop with the civilians. Hamas puts civilians in harms way by using them as shields.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Your "experience" is apparently very limited.
Yeah, I fortunately don't come across people being openly bigoted that often.

You realize don't you hamas (the governing authority of the Palestinian people, elected by the Palestinian people) has explicitly stated their goal of eradicating jews from the face of the earth.? It has nothing to do with what I think of hamas or Palestinians..
I don't know how many times it has been pointed out that most of the people of Palestine did not vote in that election as they were children or unborn at the time. The ones that did had a bit more calculating to do in terms of who can provide them with food, schools, health centres etc.

Now, you're really feckin icky so I'm leave you to wallow in the unpleasantness of your own mind now. Ciao.

Ignatius A

Yeah, I fortunately don't come across people being openly bigoted that often.

I don't know how many times it has been pointed out that most of the people of Palestine did not vote in that election as they were children or unborn at the time. The ones that did had a bit more calculating to do in terms of who can provide them with food, schools, health centres etc.

Now, you're really feckin icky so I'm leave you to wallow in the unpleasantness of your own mind now. Ciao.
It seems some among us prefer the murderous types.

You can point to things all you like. Here are the facts. Hamas is the ruling authority in gaza. They have explicitly stated their goal, in writing, to eradicate Jews from the face of the earth. They have so little regard for human life they sacrifice their own people as shields for their murderous endeavors.

If I supported that kind of hatred and evil I would run away too. Please don't reply to me anymore.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Again it's says half measures with some people. It's not the election of a evil govt that's the problem its that govts explicit desire to eradicate jews and their behavior toward that goal that's the problem. Do you see the difference? And please stop with the civilians. Hamas puts civilians in harms way by using them as shields.
No, I am not going to "stop with the civilians". I will never "stop with the civilians".

Yes, Hamas it a problem, yes Hamas is an evil anti-Semitic genocidal terrorist organization that puts the Palestinians in harms way and seeks to eradicate the Jews in Israel.

And the current Israel government is indiscriminately killing innocent civilians, including children. People are starving, people are being bombed, shot, and there is no signs that Israel intends to stop. Indeed they are planning to move into Rafah.

You need to understand, we are not dealing with one evil genocidal government, we are dealing with two. And no one in the west should be supporting either.

Last edited:

Yerda

Veteran Member
No, I am not going to "stop with the civilians". I will never "stop with the civilians".

Yes, Hamas it a problem, yes Hamas is an evil anti-Semitic genocidal terrorist organization that puts the Palestinians in harms way and seeks to eradicate the Jews in Israel.

And the current Israel government is indiscriminately killing innocent civilians, including children. People are starving, people are being bombed, shot, and there is no signs that Israel intends to stop. Indeed they are planning to move into Rafah.

You need to understand, we are not dealing with one evil genocidal government, we are dealing with two. And no one in the west should be supporting either.
Perfect

Ignatius A

I completely agree. Here's the difference. If Israel stops defending themselves they will be eradicated.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
From what many Christians have told me,
group punishment is biblically righteous.
Jehovah himself did it and ordered it many times.
But as I keep saying, if the Natives were doing it to us (and they'd be equally justified according to those who support the actions of Israel in Gaza) then people's attitudes would be very different and there would be no "it's ok for them to kill us by the thousands because it was done to them amd their land taken."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Good .. that you are upfront about your lack of disagreement with Ethnic Cleansing and Crimes against humanity .. and of course there is something you can do about it .. Don't cast vote for Genocide Joe ! :)
Here’s the reality of the situation. If Biden doesn't win then Trump, who wanted to send in the military to deal with protestors, does win.

Sargonski

Here’s the reality of the situation. If Biden doesn't win then Trump, who wanted to send in the military to deal with protestors, does win.

YES Stormy W .. you have arrived at the correct conclusion .. Red White and Blue .. are Neocon War-mongers through and through .. so don't matter which side you choose .. but that doesn't change that Biden happens to be the one in power and is the one that will lose.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
YES Stormy W .. you have arrived at the correct conclusion .. Red White and Blue .. are Neocon War-mongers through and through .. so don't matter which side you choose .. but that doesn't change that Biden happens to be the one in power and is the one that will lose.
It's still too early to call. After all, all seriousness and no joke, it's not unreasonable to state or point out either candidate could die today amd none of us should be shocked or surprised.
But assuming they live Biden still has viable routes to victory, and I predict should he win his victory will be carried on the shoulders of angry women and Southern blacks.
But if Trump wins he's going to have the Bluest of Blue Congresses we've seen in a very long time. Amd with abortion being a factor it's going to be hard for a Rep to win. And any runner is going up against crime that's going down and an economy that's improving.
If Trump wins it'll be because of people voting third party.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think to be fair to both the Christians and Jews, they don't appear to be motivated by collective punishment but think Israel is justified in pursuing this military action to prevent further Hamas atrocities. Morally and strategically, I very much suspect they are wrong but it seems to come from a genuine hope that this will work. More pain now, less pain later kinda thinking.

Typically in a war we see a lot of civilians killed, so I guess for those who support the Israeli bombings of Gaza this is no different. The US and UK trashed large swathes of high density civilian neighbourhoods during the wars in Iraq and Syria. The USA carpet bombed villages in Vietnam. NATO fired rockets into cities during the Kosovo conflict. Just for example.
Willingness to use group punishment is made more acceptable to them because of scripture IMO.

Sargonski

It's still too early to call. After all, all seriousness and no joke, it's not unreasonable to state or point out either candidate could die today amd none of us should be shocked or surprised.
But assuming they live Biden still has viable routes to victory, and I predict should he win his victory will be carried on the shoulders of angry women and Southern blacks.
But if Trump wins he's going to have the Bluest of Blue Congresses we've seen in a very long time. Amd with abortion being a factor it's going to be hard for a Rep to win. And any runner is going up against crime that's going down and an economy that's improving.
If Trump wins it'll be because of people voting third party.

For sure, agreed - Way early in the game to be calling the victor .. even if both manage to live. What can be said is that Gaza needs to blow over .. and quick .. as he is losing both some angry women and some Blacks of all stripes on the Gaza issue .. Genocide Joe needs that moniker to go away.

The Economy sucks and will continue to suck .. no hope there .. vast amounts of funny money the only thing propping the economy up .. crazy war spending while popular with Congress, both Red and Blue, is not so popular with the voter.

"Abortion" - the saving hope. For the life of me I swear that every Red head that keeps pushing the abortion issue is - simply on that basis .. just too incredibly stupid to be in office. If it were not for that single issue .. Blue would be so dead in the water they might not recover for a few decades .. cause the rest of traditional Blue policy has gone to hell in a handbag .. turned to the dark side this evil cabal.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Fair enough. Tell us exactly what this "defending themselves" looks like without "eradicating the Palestinians". Be VERY specific.
Right, sure. You want a VERY specific answer to the question of how to bring peace to the Middle East. No problem, I got a couple minutes to spare. :rolleyes:

But first, just to build the suspense, I am going to point out which thread we are in, and which sub-forum this thread is in. "Student Protests Against Israel Are Wonderful" in the North American. So the question here should be what should the U.S. Government do (and to a lesser extent what should the governments of Canada and Mexico do).

So to answer that question, no one should be providing weapons or ammunition to the Israeli government as long as the show the intent to commit genocide and eradicate the Palestinians. The humanitarian aid, the food and medicine must be prioritized, now.

And the U.S. should support moves for a multinational peacekeeping force and a two state solution. With participation from the Arab nations. The U.S. cannot do that themselves, and obviously Israel cannot do that. It will have to be the Arab nations, perhaps with support and participation form some European nations as well.

And more specifically to this thread, the students who are protesting the U.S. involvement in the genocide of the Palestinians are wonderful.

Now, as to what Israel should do.

Don't Bomb Hospitals! Don't Bomb Schools! I don't care if they suspect that Hamas is hiding out there. I don't care if they know for certain Hamas is hiding out there. You don't bomb hospitals!

Israel should be doing all they can to avoid killing civilians, and no, they definitely are not doing that. They have not been doing that for a long time, but they definitely are not doing that now.

Stop blocking shipments of aid, food and medicine from getting to those who need it. And don't tell me that it is Hamas doing that, mostly it is Israel blocking the aid. And if Hamas is blocking the aid, those are they guys you can shoot. Go ahead, kill those guys.

And Israel needs to support a Arab peacekeeping force and support a two state solution as well.

Now, go ahead. Tell me this isn't specific enough. Go ahead and tell me this will not eradicate Hamas quickly enough. Go ahead and tell me that you don't want any "half measures". (If saying "no half measures" is not an endorsement of genocide I don't know what is). But I am telling you that the current approach will not eliminate Hamas at all. The current approach will only create more terrorists. And Hamas know that by the way. Hamas know the more civilians Israel kills the more support they will get.

Last edited: