• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff to do in Oregon & Washington State

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
So I was talking to my friend tonight and we both really like to travel....we both really want to visit Oregon and Washington State. I know there are quite a few of y'all from those parts.

What can you tell me about that area? What is cool there? Stuff we could plan a trip around? Any pointers would be much appreciated, thank you!!!!!! :D

Nessa

Color Me Happy
This time of year is very rainy. I'd go late spring or summer and it's beautiful. I love the coastal areas and mountains. It's a nice trip, have fun !

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I've never been there... but there were some X-Files episodes that took place in Oregon, and at least one in Washington, I think... So you might be abducted by aliens, or eaten by tiny bugs that only come out at night...

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I've never been there... but there were some X-Files episodes that took place in Oregon, and at least one in Washington, I think... So you might be abducted by aliens, or eaten by tiny bugs that only come out at night...

I would totally be ok with abduction if it didn't involve experimentation. Also, I might run into some vampires. :D I'm reading Twilight--it's about vampires and it's set in Washington, tehehe.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
...is that why you're going there??

Hahaha, no! Oregon & Washington are two out of like 6 states I haven't ever been to...actually no...I've been to Washington but I was a wee one. I would just like to see Oregon and Washington now that I'm older. Plus my friend and I were talking and we both expressed very much excitement about visiting them there parts. :D

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I grew up in Washington (born and raised in Spokane, but I lived in Seattle for several years). There's a ton of stuff to do. What time of year are you planning on going?

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
doppelgänger;1317899 said:
I grew up in Washington (born and raised in Spokane, but I lived in Seattle for several years). There's a ton of stuff to do. What time of year are you planning on going?

I dunno. We didn't say anything specific...but of course summer time would be the best time for both of us because of school.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I dunno. We didn't say anything specific...but of course summer time would be the best time for both of us because of school.
Good. That's the time to go. The rainy season ends in early May most years. So late May-June when the rhododendrons, azaleas and blackberries are out in full force is a great time to go.

As far as things to do, I can't offer much with regard to Portland, though Multonomah Falls in incredible and you should see it if you're down there. But from Seattle grab a ferry up to the San Juan Islands. Make a day trip up to Friday Harbor. From there you can hike up the mountain and look out over the islands and Puget Sound. Incredible views. That's where I proposed to my wife. :)

Of course, it's pretty touristy, but you have to go to Pike St. Market for the flying fish, the original Starbuck's coffee counter, great food, art, street musicians and people watching. While you're down there, you'll be near the Seattle Aquarium, which is a pretty good one. And you can usually catch some great live music at the clubs downtown afterwards.

If you're more into outdoorsy stuff, there's great hiking and biking trails either in the Cascades (a short trip to the East) or the Olympics (a short trip to the south and west). Kayaking on Lake Washington is fun. There's also great river and lake fishing.

That's just the beginning . . .

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
doppelgänger;1318257 said:
Good. That's the time to go. The rainy season ends in early May most years. So late May-June when the rhododendrons, azaleas and blackberries are out in full force is a great time to go.

As far as things to do, I can't offer much with regard to Portland, though Multonomah Falls in incredible and you should see it if you're down there. But from Seattle grab a ferry up to the San Juan Islands. Make a day trip up to Friday Harbor. From there you can hike up the mountain and look out over the islands and Puget Sound. Incredible views. That's where I proposed to my wife. :)

Awww!!! :D :hearts:

doppelgänger;1318257 said:
Of course, it's pretty touristy, but you have to go to Pike St. Market for the flying fish, the original Starbuck's coffee counter, great food, art, street musicians and people watching. While you're down there, you'll be near the Seattle Aquarium, which is a pretty good one. And you can usually catch some great live music at the clubs downtown afterwards.

If you're more into outdoorsy stuff, there's great hiking and biking trails either in the Cascades (a short trip to the East) or the Olympics (a short trip to the south and west). Kayaking on Lake Washington is fun. There's also great river and lake fishing.

That's just the beginning . . .

That all sounds great, thank you so much! I'm sure we will try our best to map out a plan but I just tried to start and I was like......I don't know anything about these places and I have no idea where to start. Thank you! I might need a little more help later when it gets closer to next summer. :p

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int

Aishikyo

Endless
So I was talking to my friend tonight and we both really like to travel....we both really want to visit Oregon and Washington State. I know there are quite a few of y'all from those parts.

What can you tell me about that area? What is cool there? Stuff we could plan a trip around? Any pointers would be much appreciated, thank you!!!!!! :D

Oddly enough, I plan on moving to Oregon in a few months, 6 or 7 at the latest.
And then after that I may even move to Washington.
I don't know much about Oregon in general but Eugene, Oregon is the city I plan to move to so I do know some things about that area,
Eugene, Oregon is basically a mixture of urban and rural area. It's a city and thus an urban area but at the same time it has many trees, plants, animals, and such.
There is supposed to be a lot of outdoor stuff to do there.
And from what I've heard, there seems to be a focus on art there as well.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Another thing to do in Portland = OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry).

It rocks!!!

ranjana

if youre driving, i really recommend the cougar hot springs east of eugene.... i was there a number of years ago but here is a link

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
What Watchmen said, especially Powell's. I'm a native Californian but grew up near Eugene and attended the UofO briefly before moving around. But Powell's....! There's a lot to do in Portland and the food is great. Oregon is beautiful for a visit, but not too appealing when it comes to actually living there and working and whatnot.