• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suggest me an avatar

Draka

Wonder Woman
animal-sculptures.jpeg

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You're already using your own pic- that's like the best avatar to have for a person.

Failing that, I always relate best to avatars that are of people, like a photograph or an animation or a painting. I remember faces better than symbols or words. I've had three avatars in three years, and they're all animated women with pink hair :areyoucra.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You're already using your own pic- that's like the best avatar to have for a person.
To not know what one looks like has its advantages too.
Some unconscious presumptions may be cast aside, as
we get to know each other solely thru posts.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmm...I like your new avatar, so I'd pretty much just say stick with that. Greek mythology was a bit of an interest when I was growing up, though, so maybe biased.

As for sticking with your avatar, there's a couple of ways to do it;

1) When picking your avatar, don't go for anything that has even a hint of something that might change. So, religious beliefs, etc, can be tricky for most. And don't go for anything too concrete in terms of linking to your beliefs and general demenour. You'll change over time, so an avatar needs to be abstract enough to move with you, so to speak.

OR

2) Be fundamentally lazy, and just train yourself that it's WAY too much effort.

I subscribe to theory number 2.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
hi, I'm new here, how do I get avatar?

User CP -> Edit Avatar.

Not sure if there's a number of posts you need to make before you can edit your avatar or not, but if there is, it's very low (10 maybe?)

You also might want to create a thread introducing yourself to the community in the Are You New to ReligiousForums.com area.

Wherenextcolumbus

Hmm...I like your new avatar, so I'd pretty much just say stick with that. Greek mythology was a bit of an interest when I was growing up, though, so maybe biased.

As for sticking with your avatar, there's a couple of ways to do it;

1) When picking your avatar, don't go for anything that has even a hint of something that might change. So, religious beliefs, etc, can be tricky for most. And don't go for anything too concrete in terms of linking to your beliefs and general demenour. You'll change over time, so an avatar needs to be abstract enough to move with you, so to speak.

OR

2) Be fundamentally lazy, and just train yourself that it's WAY too much effort.

I subscribe to theory number 2.
I am probably going to stick with this avatar because I do really like it. I'm going to try really really hard.