• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kabsef

Hi y'all as part of my A level psychology course we have been asked to perform a study. Mine is on how religion can have an effect on someone's mental health, please may I ask of you all that you take the time out of your day to complete my questionnaire, it would really help with my research
Click here to do it.

Thanks!

EDIT - link temporarily removed by the RF staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
With respect, many of the questions in the survey seem dissociated with the practice and impact as it pertains to religion.

There are other variables and factors other than religion alone by which a person's disposition is determined on the basis of such questions.

I can't tell if it is the impact of religion your asking, or if those are listed reasons to pursue a religion.

Best wishes on your studies. Psychology is one of the hardest academic endeavors that a person can undertake.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
OK, frankly, it was a very poorly made up study. The positive questions were clearly separated from the negative questions. it wasn't clear what the time span was for consideration. There were not repeats of questions in different forms to show consistency. It allows the same person to take he test multiple times, skewing the results.

You also have the basic issue of correlation not implying causality. For example, you have only one question concerning how the person practices religion. Nothing asks how important that religion is, or what aspects are important: belief, ritual, social aspects, etc.

In other words, and again, as constructive criticism, this was a *very* poorly designed study. Anything that comes out of it will be essentially useless for research.

Last edited by a moderator: