• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taiwan does sort of belong to China... sorry

JIMMY12345

The world is on a cliff edge.China is like a protective wolf.It sees Taiwan as its rightful child.Historically and by proximity of geography.It has a valid point.Rather than continue on a collision course and possible nuclear war or expensive exercise guarding Taiwan the USA does have an (expensive) alternative.

USA wants the chip production facilities in Taiwan.In 10 years these will be run down and the USA and China will lose interest in Taiwan as other countries take over chip production.The population of California is 40 million Taiwan is say 20 million.Taiwan should transfer their machines and facilities for chips to USA.In return USA should offer US citizenship to all Taiwanese who want it.Most Taiwanese will take the offer.Who does not want to live in USA? Canada would grab a lot of the people as they are entrepreneurs and hard working.Leaving the communists on Taiwan to be good buddies to China.

This is of course fanciful and a dream.However China is not totally or morally wrong with respect to its claims on Taiwan.Although we all love the USA.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The world is on a cliff edge.China is like a protective wolf.It sees Taiwan as its rightful child.Historically and by proximity of geography.It has a valid point.
Does it?
I'm not sure what 'proximity of geography' means, exactly, but I doubt America would hand Texas over to the Mexicans, regardless of proximity or history. Instead they would point to legality. I would agree the legal situation is muddy regarding Taiwan. Also worth noting, people talking of historicity as it relates to Taiwan commonly assume Chinese ownership. But it was post WW2 treaties that handed Taiwan back to the Chinese, post a period of Japanese rule. I assume you wouldn't consider the Japanese rightful holders of Taiwan based on history, or the proximity of Yonagumi-Jima. I wouldn't...but it's still gets tricky when you see 'clear' lines of ownership for Taiwan.

It's even trickier if you start digging into the fact that not ALL of the Taiwanese islands were ever ceded to the Japanese in the first place. Or that there were independent movements for Taiwan formed prior to the Revolution in China.

USA wants the chip production facilities in Taiwan.In 10 years these will be run down and the USA and China will lose interest in Taiwan as other countries take over chip production.The population of California is 40 million Taiwan is say 20 million.Taiwan should transfer their machines and facilities for chips to USA.In return USA should offer US citizenship to all Taiwanese who want it.Most Taiwanese will take the offer.
Most? Really?

Who does not want to live in USA?
Well...I mean...I was offered a job there, and turned it down flat due to lifestyle and working condition considerations, as well as safety. But that's me, and not really relevant to the thread. Still...plenty of people, if you're just talking generally.

Canada would grab a lot of the people as they are entrepreneurs and hard working.Leaving the communists on Taiwan to be good buddies to China.

This is of course fanciful and a dream.However China is not totally or morally wrong with respect to its claims on Taiwan.Although we all love the USA.

You can of course take a position on all this, and more power to you. It's not as black and white as you're presenting. Perhaps you're aware of that, and hold this position regardless. Fair enough. But if you're not aware, it is worth looking at the period from about the first Sino-Japanese War forwards.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
USA supported Taiwan long, long before it had such an important chip production industry. We were backing Tawian when it had a terrible reputation for producing junk. Besides, the real source of advanced chip lithography machines isn't Taiwan. Taiwan is Taiwan, chips or no chips.

Another thing about Taiwan is that it has preserved Chinese culture, but the mainland Maoists focused upon gutting, destroying and erasing that culture. Imagine if poets all had to be plumbers or if weightlifting champions had to sell used cars. That's what communist uniformity is like. It puts people out of their element in the name of sameness. Its like draining the color from the world. Why does mainland really hate Taiwan's independence? Because Taiwan rejects communist uniformity and the stripping away of all of the religious and individual stuff that makes life interesting. Communist theory has it that a country like N Korea is better, more robust and generally happier than a country like Taiwan; but Taiwan's existence is an affront to that lie. It exposes it and undermines it. Taiwan's success embarrasses the communist regime.