• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take Two: Interview DS

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Since many things have changed since I last made an interview thread, I thought I might as well start a new one. So, here it goes: if you have any questions, feel free to post them here.

Disclaimer: For specific reasons, I may not be able to answer certain questions clearly or at all, but I will try my best anyway. Just a heads up so no one thinks I'm purposely avoiding them if I don't give an elaborate answer to their question(s).

Anyway, interview time! Got any questions? :D

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3557001 said:
Yeah, I got one.

Why don't you worship me???

1) My inability to read your name could prove a bit too inconvenient if I ever needed to recite it in prayer.

2) No people are worshiped in Lennonism.

Sorry to disappoint. :D

Me Myself

Back to my username
Yur three favourite ways to spend your time.

Peferably put in order of most enjoyment. By all means feel free to explain if you enjoy them a lot but prefer them in small dosis or the other way around or whatever.

JiSe

Favorite Food?

What countries have you visited?

What countries would you like to visit?

When shall I see you @ Chat or @ LoL?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you have a crush on anyone?

Not currently, no. I haven't had a crush on anyone in about 3 years.

In case you want to know who the last person I had a crush on was, she was my science teacher. I was infatuated for a while, too. For real. :run:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Yur three favourite ways to spend your time.

Peferably put in order of most enjoyment. By all means feel free to explain if you enjoy them a lot but prefer them in small dosis or the other way around or whatever.

Assuming you mean everyday ways to enjoy time rather than anything relatively unusual:

1) studying math/working on math homework

2) listening to metal music (especially heavy or symphonic metal) at a high volume

3) browsing the Internet.

These aren't really in any particular order, as they swap positions based on my mood. Also, I sometimes do more than one of them at once, like when I listen to music while posting on RF (e.g., right now).

I tend to do the first one in large "doses" because it can require attention for a relatively extended amount of time, while the amount of time I spend doing the other two mostly depends on my mood.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
what things have changed?

Among other things:

1) My political views have shifted a lot to the left.

2) I've been working on not letting disagreements with other people about certain topics bother me as much as they used to or at all.

3) I've become more sympathetic toward certain groups.

4) My post count has nearly doubled, and I became an admin a while back. (These are the most important changes, right? :p)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Favorite Food?

Roasted ducks for a meal and French fries for a snack.

Since I'm planning to become a vegetarian as soon as I start to prepare my food myself, dropping the former could be rather challenging. :D

What countries have you visited?

Only Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Not nearly as many as I'd like, in other words.

What countries would you like to visit?

In no particular order: Canada, the United States, New Zealand, Sweden (I'd love to attend a live Amon Amarth performance), Norway, Finland, Italy, and Austria.

When shall I see you @ Chat or @ LoL?

When my connection is back up and stable again, although I won't be able to be on either as much as I used to due to having school.

You should be on RF more often, by the way... unless you post vicariously through a specific someone's account. :p

(Say hi to that person, if you don't mind. :D)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Any story about why you chose such a forum name?

Originally, I just wanted to put together a name that didn't give me a "this username is already in use" sort of error message, so I chose "DebaterSlater." Panda accidentally read that as "Debater Slayer," which I thought made more sense. So I asked him to change it to that, and he did.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Is the Lennonism thing new?
Assuming yes, what's led to that?

It's sort of new, yeah (its being in my title, that is).

What mainly led to it is that Imagine is my favorite song, and Give Peace a Chance also struck me as an exceptionally beautiful song with simple yet meaningful lyrics. Those two songs just seemed to be an almost perfect description of what I consider an ideal worldview (at least as far as that can be described in songs), hence my current title.

Last edited: