• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talk About Shooting Yourself In The Foot, Christian Style

Skwim

Veteran Member
"While many Floridians are spreading holiday cheer, one government agency has banned it: the Florida Turnpike Enterprise.

Holiday decorations of any kind have been banned from all toll booths along the 460 miles of toll highways run by the agency, which is part of the Florida Department of Transportation, a spokeswoman said.

The ban was put in place several months ago after some motorists complained about decorations.

"Some Christian organizations complained about Halloween decorations," said spokeswoman Christa Deason.

Turnpike leaders have now decided to ban holiday decorations of any kind, she said. The Florida Turnpike Enterprise does not spend any money on decorations for any holiday."
source

croak

Trickster
"Merry Christmas!"
"Two dollars."
"But I thought it was only...."
"Three."
"But...."
"GIMME FOUR DOLLARS."

I don't think I've ever been on a toll highway. Might be interesting.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Who cares? Who really cares? Is anyone actually complaining about this?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Who cares? Who really cares? Is anyone actually complaining about this?
Lanna Fantenetta for one: Link
videonetwork

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Lanna Fantenetta for one: Link
videonetwork

Ah, you found one. Lanna Fantenetta.

I'm going to recap this as I see it:

So Lanna is mad that she can't decorate her toll booth, which must measure a full 12 square feet, for Christmas.

Apparently some motorists were disturbed by recent Halloween decorations. What do we know about those? Some Halloween decorations can be pretty gruesome, and can scare kids. Do you know the nature of those particular decorations and why specifically people were complaining?

I mean, if I had kids in the car and we pulled up to a toll booth that looked like a slasher movie, I might complain as well - and it would have absolutely nothing to do with religious views (personally I love Halloween - which has been celebrated by Christians for hundreds and hundreds of years.

But the bottom line to me is this - CUSTOMERS COMPLAINED. Not sure how many complaints they got, but that would get my attention if I was management. Seems they took the safest route considering their options.

And it doesn't seem that many people are very upset by it either way.