• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Telescopes

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Heyo friends,

I've got a question for those that are astronomically inclined.

I'm looking for a good amateur/beginner telescope, that will be useful for a novice to learn and grow with. My wife has taken an interest in astronomy and I wanted to get her a telescope, but I have no knowledge base to fall back on.

And preferably one that's under $600.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Heyo friends,

I've got a question for those that are astronomically inclined.

I'm looking for a good amateur/beginner telescope, that will be useful for a novice to learn and grow with. My wife has taken an interest in astronomy and I wanted to get her a telescope, but I have no knowledge base to fall back on.

And preferably one that's under $600.

I had a Meade ETX 90 many years ago, it had a built in computer, you lined it up on 2 bright starts then you could get it to point at whatever you wanted. I ended up giving it to the grand kids because I rarely used it, I doubt if they've ever used it. I think it was about $500 about 15 years ago. I'm sure they've improved and become a little more user friendly.

Meade ETX 90: In-depth Review -

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Always check that eyepiece.
history-galileo_galilei-telescopes-pranksters-practical_jokes-jokers-cgon1133_low.jpg