• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terminally ill man kills himself, sparks debate on right-to-die issue

t3gah

Terminally ill man kills himself, sparks debate on right-to-die issue
(http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...ess/20050129/ca_pr_on_na/man_planning_suicide)

by STEPHEN THORNE

OTTAWA (CP) - A sickly Marcel Tremblay consumed two beers, two shrimp and a crab cake at what he called "a living wake" on Friday, then went home and killed himself, sparking a countrywide debate on the right-to-die issue.

The frail, 78-year-old man appeared remarkably non-chalant and upbeat as he prepared to die, saying he was fed up with suffering from a fatal lung disease and hoped that Canadians would debate the issue of assisted suicide. "I'm 110 per cent positive of what I want to do and I'm justified in my thinking of why I want to do it," said Tremblay, his raspy voice sounding firm and confident after a goodbye party with family and friends......

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
The subject of suicide has been debated rather thoroughly on another thread. But it's a subject that rates extensive discussion.

My opinion is that any person of legal age, whether sick or healthy, should have the right to have his/her life ended in a dignified manner (rather than blowing his/her brains all over a room or jumping from a building and endangering others), providing he/she does not have dependent children.

The person would have to sign papers with witnesses, and undergo a short waiting period. Then, the person could go to a clinic and be given a lethal injection. The person would have to prepay for the injection and also for burial or cremation expenses.