• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Age of Aquarius

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
From my understanding of it, I think the age of aquarius is either processing its dawn or else is coming right around the corner. What do you think?

Is my understanding correct that it is the age of modernization, electrical advancement, nonconformity, social freedom, and humanitarianism? Is this age really a spiritual concept or just a generation concept?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not a New Ager, so I know very little about their "age" thing aside from that the beginning and endings of various ages depends on what metaphysical system you use and that yes, it really is a "spiritual" concept (i.e., it utilizes astrological symbolism fairly deliberately; the things you listed may be correlated with Aquarius), not so much a generational one.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
From my understanding of it, I think the age of aquarius is either processing its dawn or else is coming right around the corner. What do you think?

Is my understanding correct that it is the age of modernization, electrical advancement, nonconformity, social freedom, and humanitarianism? Is this age really a spiritual concept or just a generation concept?

I think you're about 40 years too late. The "Age of Aquarius" was a big deal in the '70's. The Fifth Dimension even wrote a song about it. It was just as much "New Age" BS then as it will be now. (I am an Aquarian, BTW.)

Deva758

I think it is a concept in astrology, but there seems to be very little agreement among astrologers on when the Age of Aquarius begins. The sign of Aquarius does signify those qualities as listed by Sum of Awe.

There are different types of astrology. I only concentrated my studies on birth chart reading, so I don't know much about predictions, different ages, or other aspects.

I remember singing that song "The Age of Aquarius" in 6th grade around 1969. "When the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars."

Despite the moon being in the seventh house probably 100 times and Jupiter aligned with Mars more than likely a few times, It appears we have not arrived yet.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
The Age of Aquarius was over long ago.

It happened from 1967 - 1972, when people were openly spiritual and against materialism and war.

Not since the 'hippy era' have we ever seen such a public movement of spiritual concepts, where everything was out in the open like that.

People think/believe that technology and science = enlightenment, but that is far from being the case...what we 'gain' materially, we 'lose' spiritually.

There will be another 'Age of Aquarius' when people go back to basics...back to nature and be more self-sufficient over raping and pillaging the most precious resources of Mother Earth....it won't be for quite a while though.

dendrophilous

Wandering
It may not be the age of Aquarius, but my numerology friends tell me that we're moving into an age of collaboration. Something to do with less 9's in birthdays. Does anyone know anything about that?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I think it is a concept in astrology, but there seems to be very little agreement among astrologers on when the Age of Aquarius begins. The sign of Aquarius does signify those qualities as listed by Sum of Awe.

There are different types of astrology. I only concentrated my studies on birth chart reading, so I don't know much about predictions, different ages, or other aspects.

I remember singing that song "The Age of Aquarius" in 6th grade around 1969. "When the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars."

Despite the moon being in the seventh house probably 100 times and Jupiter aligned with Mars more than likely a few times, It appears we have not arrived yet.
Precession of the equinox is what it refers to: the sign of the zodiac on the horizon at sunrise of the vernal equinox. Right now, it is in the sign of Pisces. It is estimated that is will precess (it moves backwards) into Aquarius sometime around the year 2700.
Axial precession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia