• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The apple that Adam and Eve ate had worms which prevented sin

The Transcended Omniverse

I mean, I could understand if the apple had no worms or seeds. This is what would of brought sin upon mankind and would of resulted in all men being already doomed to hell from the beginning. But the apple had both worms and seeds. So there was no reason at all for there to be sin in the first place. There was no need for Jesus to sacrifice himself at all and for people to accept him or be condemned. Therefore, people are going to hell for no justified reason at all. It was actually mainly the worms that prevented sin combined with the secondary factor of the seeds contained within the apple.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I mean, I could understand if the apple had no worms or seeds. This is what would of brought sin upon mankind and would of resulted in all men being already doomed to hell from the beginning. But the apple had both worms and seeds. So there was no reason at all for there to be sin in the first place. There was no need for Jesus to sacrifice himself at all and for people to accept him or be condemned. Therefore, people are going to hell for no justified reason at all. It was actually mainly the worms that prevented sin combined with the secondary factor of the seeds contained within the apple.

Good to know. Do you think beach balls have free will?

Shem Ben Noah

INACTIVE
First off, there's nothing in the actual text that says it's an apple, just a fruit.

Secondly, there's nothing in the actual text about the consequences of eating the fruit that says anything about being doomed to hell.

LXX70

The idea of the fruit being an apple came from a misunderstanding of the Vulgate Bible. The word malum is a homonym that can mean "evil" or "apple." So malum was used in Gen 2:17 for evil, someone thought it meant apple.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

I'm sorry, but I do not follow the logic here, why would worms and seeds make a difference?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm sorry, but I do not follow the logic here, why would worms and seeds make a difference?

Great question! I can only suggest that perhaps the only path you'll find to a convincing answer to your question might lie directly through one of Colorado's fine marijuana stores. Not that I would recommend taking such a path.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Who told you it was an apple tree...?