• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Blessing (the Kiddush) Bread & Wine

Walter and Debbie

Sunday 9-22-24 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Elul 18 5784 95th. Summer Day

Hamotzi (Blessing over bread)​

Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe, who brings forth bread from the earth.
Phonetic Hebrew transliteration:
Baruch atah Adonai eloheinu melech ha-alom ha-motzi lechem min ha-aretz.

Kiddush (Blessing over wine)​

Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe, creator of the fruit of the vine.
Phonetic Hebrew transliteration:
Baruch atah Adonai eloheinu melech ha-alom bor-ay peri ha-gafen.

1 Corinthians 11:23-25

For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me." In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

Matthew 26:26-28

While they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; this is My body." And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Love, Walter And Debbie