• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Butterfly Effect.

Nehustan

I recall watching this film some time ago. It made me think lots of things, so I'm gonna post some of them, mostly I'll let the pictures do the talking...

'If a butterfly flaps its wings on one side of the world, the ripple effect could cause a tempest on the other.'

'Change one thing, change everything'​

Judgement Day

How bout these:

Such minor changes, such huge consequences.

Das Ende ist erst der Anfang (The end is only the beginning.)

Nehustan

butterfly_effect.jpg

Nehustan

It's worth watching JD. Tho' of course it is also worth remembering that naught happens in the creation other than the absolute and infinite wills. If a man shoots arrows at you...shoot arrows back....Bismillah. Of course I'm striking a metaphors...but I'm sure you get my drift.

Judgement Day

Nehustan said:
It's worth watching JD. Tho' of course it is also worth remembering that naught happens in the creation other than the absolute and infinite wills. If a man shoots arrows at you...shoot arrows back....Bismillah. Of course I'm striking a metaphors...but I'm sure you get my drift.
Yeah..you know me, I'm not that very up to date when it comes to movies. Theres a dvd store that I like to go occasionally to. Only a dollar and twenty five cents per day. They have all kinds of movies from A to Z. I'm sure they have The Butterfly Effect. Gonna rent it sometime.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Definitly go rent it. You'll definitly have to watch it at least a second time so everything makes since, and to catch things you might have missed the first time. I didn't fully catch onto what was going on until the jail scene.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
It's a great movie... just enough supporting cast so that Ashton Kutcher doesn't have to carry the plot. Well thought through, great emotional texture.... just great.

BTW am I meant to see a man with a tie holding up a chalice (mirrored) in that rorschaslekrj... ?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
The two mirrored? what's up with his face on the closest side to the... well if it was photo I'd say closest to the lense. It's like he's got a tusk or something.

Nehustan

Actually I picked the picture pretty much at random. I was drawing an analogy between the film poster, the butterfly, the inkblot, enlarged ventricles in schizophrenics (I do not believe it is definately degenerative, it may be a genetic feature 'turned' off in the average human) the tarot card the art from Crowleys Thoth pack, which infers duality and by extension 'butterfly effect' for surely Magick is just that.

Nehustan

Very interesting programme on BBC3 at the moment called 'I love...being mad'

what I thought particularly interesting was that one of the informants, an artist, uses rorschaslekrj and butterflys in his work. He then goes on to delineate the word psyche and its liguistic root, citing the Oxford Dictionary. I couldn't believe what he said in light of this thread, but let me post the entry....​

psyche, c. In later Greek Mythol., personified as the beloved of Eros (Cupid or Love), and represented in works of art as having butterfly wings, or as a butterfly; known in literature as the heroine of the story related in the Golden *** of Apuleius. Hence attrib. in sense ‘like that of Psyche’, as in Psyche-knot (of hair), Psyche-mould, Psyche task.

1876 GEO. ELIOT Dan. Der. lxi, In the Psyche-mould of Mirah's frame there rested a fervid quality of emotion sometimes rashly supposed to require the bulk of a Cleopatra. 1888 A. R. DIEHL Two Thousand Words 170 Psyche knot, the style of wearing the hair in a projecting coil in the middle of the back of the head. 1895 S. B. KENNEDY in Outing (U.S.) Oct. 8/2 Do you think this Psyche knot suits the special cut of my features? 1901 Westm. Gaz. 28 May 2/4 After many Psyche tasks Fate-encumbered now unravelled, Hoping there's no more to do. 1904 Ibid. 30 Nov. 4/2, I am not quite sure I know what is ‘a Psyche knot’, which was what the lady's jet-black hair was transformed to. 1968J. UPDIKE Couples v. 404 Her hair was pinned up in a psyche knot.

OED.

I thought it was a very interesting lingusitic root.