• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Choice of Love

thedictator

A Dictator of a Coach
1 Corinthians 13:3 " If I gave all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing."

Love is not a filling, but a Choice.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

"Love is patient" ( we have a choice to be patient or not )
"Love is kind" ( we have a choice to be kind or not )
"Love does not envy" ( we have a choice to envy or not )
"Love does not boast"( we have a choice to boast or not )
"Love is not proud" ( we have a choice to be proud or not )
"Love is not rude" ( we have a choice to be rude or not )
"Love is not self-seeking" ( we have a choice to seek what is best for us or what is best for someone we love)
"Love is not easily angered" ( we have a choice to be angered easily or not)
"Love is keeps no record of wrongs" ( we have a choice to forgive or not and keep records of wrongs)
"Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth" ( we have a choice to do evil, or to fallow the truth)
"Love always protects" ( we have a choice to protect our loved ones or not)
"Love always trust" (we have a choice to trust or not)
"Love always hopes" (we have a choice to hope or not)
"Love always perseveres" (we have choice to persevere or quit)
"Love never fails"(It's our choice to fail or not)

Sometimes I hear people say I have fallen out of love. This can not happen, It is a choice to keep loving or to stop.

Make the right choice.

lunamoth

Will to love
1 Corinthians 13:3 " If I gave all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing."

Love is not a filling, but a Choice.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

"Love is patient" ( we have a choice to be patient or not )
"Love is kind" ( we have a choice to be kind or not )
"Love does not envy" ( we have a choice to envy or not )
"Love does not boast"( we have a choice to boast or not )
"Love is not proud" ( we have a choice to be proud or not )
"Love is not rude" ( we have a choice to be rude or not )
"Love is not self-seeking" ( we have a choice to seek what is best for us or what is best for someone we love)
"Love is not easily angered" ( we have a choice to be angered easily or not)
"Love is keeps no record of wrongs" ( we have a choice to forgive or not and keep records of wrongs)
"Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth" ( we have a choice to do evil, or to fallow the truth)
"Love always protects" ( we have a choice to protect our loved ones or not)
"Love always trust" (we have a choice to trust or not)
"Love always hopes" (we have a choice to hope or not)
"Love always perseveres" (we have choice to persevere or quit)
"Love never fails"(It's our choice to fail or not)

Sometimes I hear people say I have fallen out of love. This can not happen, It is a choice to keep loving or to stop.

Make the right choice.

Wow, I totally agree too!

Hema

Sweet n Spicy

Make the right choice.

True love grows with time, I don't see how people who truly love each other "fall out of love", unless they see a side of their partner that was previously hidden.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Sometimes people mistake attraction with love or whatever. So when they say "I fell out of love" they may really mean "I no longer have that attraction". If you truly love someone, you never stop that love because love is eternal.

Prometheus

Semper Perconctor
There are three stages to a romantic relationship. Lust, attraction and bonding. The lust is intense and short-lived, usually wearing off in a few months. Attraction is that "butterflies" feeling of happiness when you're around the person and it also causes you miss them a lot when you're not together. That generally lasts one and a half to three years.

A lot of relationships never get past that because people believe when those butterflies stop and you grow used to your partner that you've "fallen out of love". It's not true, it's just biology. What keeps couples together for decades is bonding. It's having a friendship and having had experiences with each other to share in common.

Love is something completely different. There is what people call "Romantic love" which is that attraction phase. There is also "Platonic love'' which is the affection of good friends or people in the bonding phase.

Just remember that long term relationships take work. People change and time dulls attraction. Build a deep friendship with your partners. Make them your best friends. That's how you can keep a relationship together for life.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Sometimes people mistake attraction with love or whatever. So when they say "I fell out of love" they may really mean "I no longer have that attraction". If you truly love someone, you never stop that love because love is eternal.

Exactly! Many people confuse lust with love. They are such opposites! Lust fades with time but true love grows with time.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
There are three stages to a romantic relationship. Lust, attraction and bonding. The lust is intense and short-lived, usually wearing off in a few months. Attraction is that "butterflies" feeling of happiness when you're around the person and it also causes you miss them a lot when you're not together. That generally lasts one and a half to three years.

Hey, my honey and I have been together for nine years and we still have lust and attraction. :p I still miss him like crazy during the day. BTW, we're married now. :D He still makes me blush sometimes! I know I'm not crazy. My dad still makes my mom blush and they've been married for 29 years!

However, I agree that when there isn't love, the initial feelings of lust fade away very soon. :)

A lot of relationships never get past that because people believe when those butterflies stop and you grow used to your partner that you've "fallen out of love". It's not true, it's just biology. What keeps couples together for decades is bonding. It's having a friendship and having had experiences with each other to share in common.

Exactly! Lust by itself doesn't last.

Love is something completely different. There is what people call "Romantic love" which is that attraction phase. There is also "Platonic love'' which is the affection of good friends or people in the bonding phase.

When my hubby and I first met, I told him that he doesn't have to impress me with romance. My reason is that I wanted him to prove himself to me, to me my best friend, to be there when I needed him, through not only the good times but also the bad times. To me, anyone can be romantic if they try. It doesn't mean anything, it can just be a show. It doesn't mean that I don't apprecaite it when he gives me roses for my birthday / Valentine's day etc. I really do! Anyway, he already passed the "proving himself" stage long ago!

It's just that romance doesn't equate to love everytime and when getting to know someone, you have to figure out if they're intentions are honorable.

Just remember that long term relationships take work. People change and time dulls attraction. Build a deep friendship with your partners. Make them your best friends. That's how you can keep a relationship together for life.

I agree with the friendship thingy! However, when you love someone, they will always be beautiful / handsome in your eyes no matter what life does to them...whether they get old or get in accident and get disfigured etc. I guess you sort of get to appreciate their inner beauty more...that's the one that truly lasts! :)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I agree with the friendship thingy! However, when you love someone, they will always be beautiful / handsome in your eyes no matter what life does to them...whether they get old or get in accident and get disfigured etc. I guess you sort of get to appreciate their inner beauty more...that's the one that truly lasts! :)

That is very true. I have met people who at first glance would seem not too attractive, but as I got to know them and be friends, I found them nice looking. Love is a great beautifier. :)