• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Christian god: slave driver or kind shepard ?

Gudrun

Proud Pagan
God claims to be a kind shepard, but he sends people to eternal suffering, doesnt use his power to create a perfect world for us, tries to completely rule our lives and spreads hate and fear through put the wprld. I perspnally can never see the Christian god as anything but the one true evil. What are your opinions on the subject ?

captainbryce

God claims to be a kind shepard, but he sends people to eternal suffering, doesnt use his power to create a perfect world for us, tries to completely rule our lives and spreads hate and fear through put the wprld. I perspnally can never see the Christian god as anything but the one true evil. What are your opinions on the subject ?
In order to craft an argument against God, one must first have some understanding of his intent, his role and his actions. Coming to a conclusion based on a faulty premise will only lead to continued confusion. Here, let me help you:

Psst, over here:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/151860-hell.html

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

My opinion is that YHVH is just one God of many.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Does leave room for improvement.
image.php

Skwim

Veteran Member
In order to craft an argument against God, one must first have some understanding of his intent, his role and his actions.
Which are easily concocted so as to keep him from tarnishing.

Coming to a conclusion based on a faulty premise will only lead to continued confusion.
Non-faulty premises being those that always come out in favor of god. Yeah, we've seen this shell game before, CB. ;)

Gudrun

Proud Pagan
Skwim, the christian god insists on his perfection when that quote you posted is quite true. The christian god is sloppy and the bible proves it. The gods and goddesses I worship, however, at least admit that they are not perfect.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
The deity I believe in is not like what you describe. However there are versions of deity many Christians believe in who are like that.

Last edited:

nazz

Doubting Thomas
What is your deity like ? Thats the only christian god I know

I believe in a God of absolute, unconditional love whose only desire is to lift us out of the suffering of this world.

Talk to more Christians. There are many ideas.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I believe in a God of absolute, unconditional love whose only desire is to lift us out of the suffering of this world.
Seeing that we're still here suffering, what's taking him so long? Or don't desires translate into actions?

Blackdog22

I don't believe God has control over this physical dimension.
He made a dimension that he can't control or that he simply doesn't want to control? If he can't control it then he isn't much of a God, if he doesn't want to then he would be considered evil by most atheists and I am sure people of other religions as its easier to be objective when judging another religion.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
He made a dimension that he can't control or that he simply doesn't want to control? If he can't control it then he isn't much of a God, if he doesn't want to then he would be considered evil by most atheists and I am sure people of other religions as its easier to be objective when judging another religion.

I'm a Gnostic. I don't believe this is his creation.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Oh, interesting. Sorry for assuming. I get so used to a certain viewpoint that I sometimes make bad assumptions.

No worries.

I wanted to add that the God I believe is not into controlling things at all. But he does influence this world through people.